Review of three water parks in Rayong (outside Pattaya)

honu

In a blog I normally write about tea in I reviewed three water parks in Rayong, which we visited over the past two months.

All were nice, just different.  Cartoon Network and Ramayana are comparable, both a little closer to Pattaya than the town center of Rayong but still in the Rayong province.

That local place, Rayong Adventure Park, is a bit under the radar, with less infrastructure development, but still a fun experience for my kids, and a good value for a long weekend outing stop.  

Add in there being a beach down there (not a great beach, but a beach), and some nice kids' play areas in a local mall, comparable to anything in Bangkok, and it made for three nice weekends.

http://teaintheancientworld.blogspot.com/2017/08/three-water-parks-in-rayong-thailand.html

Great report in the link. Thanks. There is a lot of really good stuff about Ramayana and CN in this thread:

Might be worth posting a link to your blog report in there. Even though it's a fairly old thread, it would collate good info :thumbsup:.

8 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Great report in the link. Thanks. There is a lot of really good stuff about Ramayana and CN in this thread:

Might be worth posting a link to your blog report in there. Even though it's a fairly old thread, it would collate good info :thumbsup:.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's a bit late for me to get input about those places since I just visited but it will be interesting to compare notes, or maybe add thoughts related to others'.

17 hours ago, honu said:

Cartoon Network and Ramayana are comparable, both a little closer to Pattaya than the town center of Rayong but still in the Rayong province.

Not that it's of any great importance but, for the sake of accuracy, those are in Chonburi province, not Rayong province. And they are about half as far from central Pattaya (around 20km) than they are from Rayong (around 40km). To Jomtien (which is widely considered to be part of Pattaya, and contains many attractions with Pattaya in their name) they are even closer.

On 8/17/2017 at 11:35 AM, KittenKong said:

Not that it's of any great importance but, for the sake of accuracy, those are in Chonburi province, not Rayong province. And they are about half as far from central Pattaya (around 20km) than they are from Rayong (around 40km). To Jomtien (which is widely considered to be part of Pattaya, and contains many attractions with Pattaya in their name) they are even closer.

Sorry about that then, getting the provinces mixed up.  They are close to each other, those two parks, and closer to Pattaya, and exactly that far from Rayong (maybe 45 km from our hotel in town center, or a good bit further to some beaches on the other side).

At least that drive goes really fast compared to any travel inside Bangkok, where it takes 45 minutes to cross part of town.  There was the usual odd highway traffic slowdown and some lights but it went fast, maybe around an hour.