Passeport Photo - Where to get in Chiang Mai ?

pomegranate

On 8/29/2017 at 6:18 PM, Ricardo said:

I'd recommend the shop in MaeJo, just North of the first footbridge on the main drag, roughly opposite the main-entrance to MaeJo-University.

Nearer to town on the same road ,at Meechok Plaza. .Next to Rimping inside the covered walkway is a large photo shop .They mainly do Passport photos and they know the regulation requirements for each Country .Cheap also .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, anto said:

Nearer to town on the same road ,at Meechok Plaza. .Next to Rimping inside the covered walkway is a large photo shop .They mainly do Passport photos and they know the regulation requirements for each Country .Cheap also .

Thank you.

I will go and see them.

Today, I went in 4 different shops (said above), the result is quite pitiful, although I show them, and insisted on each requirement (they can't properly take a pic with a grey light background, neither master the lights (either shadow, either they make the eyes shining on the pic). I can't be sure that it would be accepted by the French Embassy.

Pomegranate, there is one more shop to try... When we went for our photos, we were required to have a light, neutral background. Unfortunately, I was wearing a white T-shirt at the time, so even with the correct crop, you couldn't see my shoulders! They blended in with the background. So the photographer simply adjusted the 'white point' level in Photoshop, turning the background slightly gray so that my shoulders could be seen, as required by the consulate for my visa. I'm sure he could do the same for you.

This shop is a Kodak shop directly across from the 'Dara Academy' school just past the McCormick Hospital on Kaew Nawarat Rd in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Pomegranate, there is one more shop to try... When we went for our photos, we were required to have a light, neutral background. Unfortunately, I was wearing a white T-shirt at the time, so even with the correct crop, you couldn't see my shoulders! They blended in with the background. So the photographer simply adjusted the 'white point' level in Photoshop, turning the background slightly gray so that my shoulders could be seen, as required by the consulate for my visa. I'm sure he could do the same for you.

This shop is a Kodak shop directly across from the 'Dara Academy' school just past the McCormick Hospital on Kaew Nawarat Rd in Chiang Mai.

Yesterday, in the last shop I went to, I asked for 3 changes, but the quality was still not good.

Thank you for this address.

On 8/31/2017 at 10:18 AM, anto said:

This morning, I went to this shop. Thank you for this address. There, I could get good enough pics (good background, well sized, well cropped, well cut). I will go there one time more, as I think that the pics are a little too overexposed (too much light). Then it will be perfect.

The price : 100 bahts

Location on the map :

https://goo.gl/maps/NfqyZAXgWME2

Edited by pomegranate

• 11 months later...

I agree, the shop inside Meechok Plaza is highly recommendable for getting passport pictures.
Fast, friendly and knowledgeable.
You just name the country ,they will know the requirements for the pictures.
12 pictures in good quality are 100 Baht.
After picture taking one has to wait for about 20 minutes (mine were finished after 10 minutes).
It is the first shop on the right side of the western entrance to the covered RimPing area.