Defense Council approves reform plan for Thai armed forces

webfact

Defense Council approves reform plan for Thai armed forces

BANGKOK, 29th August 2017 (NNT) - The Defense Council has approved a reform plan for the country’s armed forces. 

Spokesman of the Defense Ministry, Maj. Gen. Kongcheep Tantravanich, said on Monday that the monthly meeting of the Defense Council has just resolved to approve a strategic reform plan for the armed forces’ science and technology applications, as well as the defense industry for 2017-2036. 

Maj. Gen. Kongcheep said that the plan is intended as a response to the demands of the country’s armed forces for domestic production of weapons needed for state and commercial uses. 

He added that the Council has also approved the sending of 280 military personnel to join the United Nations’ peacekeeping mission in South Sudan, as requested by the international body for support in the construction of roads, bridges, airports and EOD inspection system. 

The Defense Ministry spokesman said that some of the Thai troops will be dispatched to South Sudan in December before the remaining personnel join them in January 2018.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-29

Have the Thai Army ever been deployed to an active theatre before?   Well I think it is sporadically active].  I am aware of their attendance in WW2 in France but that was not active service in military terms.

I have a great suggestion........... Maybe the Thai Military could install a plant where they could build their own submarines, and even more to sell to China and others............

I think the military would probably be able to acquire some land for the plant somewhere up in Issan.......

Then each year as they complete another 'sub' they could wait for the 'annual flooding' and float another 'sub' out to the sea..............  LOL.......

Don't that sound like a plan the government and military would be interested in??????