Jump to content

British Consular Team

British Embassy Bangkok
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

395 Excellent


About British Consular Team

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thailand Travel Advice has been updated with additional information on entry requirements from 1st November 2021.
  2. @Raybangkok if it's Consular forms you are having trouble with let us know - we might be able to help.
  3. Hi @sharecropper. As soon as the Embassy receives official notification of your death, and confirmation of your wife’s wishes, then a Consular Letter can be issued during any working day. Your wife simply needs to let us know when she requires the letter and we will work with her to ensure that she, or an appointed Funeral Director, can collect it from the Embassy by prior appointment and with the minimum of delay.
  4. Hello @sharecropper. As your wife is regarded as your legal Next-of-Kin then she will usually be the sole decision maker on what happens to your funeral arrangements when you die. The British Embassy will firstly require formal confirmation of your death from the Thai Authorities (This would typically be from the Royal Thai Police or hospital, if death occurred there). The Embassy would then issue a Consular Letter to your wife, which gives authority for your body to be released from the place of death into the care of whoever she decides is taking care of funeral arrangements.
  5. This is incorrect. The Embassy does not provide requests for boosters.
  6. Not sure this is how every British person we are seeking to help reacts. See https://aseannow.com/forum/264-consular-team-activities/ for more detail on how some feel differently.
  7. These are good questions, sharecropper. One of the team will get back to you next week with some guidance.
  8. Raybangkok as hotandsticky says the Consular team at the Embassy in Bangkok has no more access to DWP than you do. If you wish to complain you can find out how at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure
  • Create New...