Transfering money out from thailand.

Im using kasikorn bank but they don’t allow me to do international transfer money out of country without having a work permit.

Does anybody have the experience/succes with another bank without the requirment of a work permit for international transfers?

All advice/experience welcome,thanks.

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Strange, I transfer money from Kasikorn Bank to my Australian Bank via online banking a few times a year and no WP.  I will qualify that it is a joint account though.

A few years ago i could also transfer without problem but they have changed the rules since then..interesting that a joint account will work,did you open it together with your partner or did you convert it to a joint account? Do you need to be married to open a joint account? Many thanks for your time to answer.

11 hours ago, sanook 1 said:

i can show proof no probl.

i was moore looking for info/experince with another banks..uob,krungsri,bangkok bank,bank ayudhaya,scb etc. If anyone had luck with them on international transfer out of thailand on a tourist visa. 

Thanks

The requirement (to see work permit or other documentation) comes from Bank of Thailand, so all banks should in theory ask you the same question.

Curious though, how did you obtain the money, if you do not have a work permit? If it’s your own money that you previously wired to Thailand, then get a letter from the bank where you wired the funds to, or a FET form, and that can be used to repatriate the funds.

10 hours ago, sanook 1 said:

A few years ago i could also transfer without problem but they have changed the rules since then..interesting that a joint account will work,did you open it together with your partner or did you convert it to a joint account? Do you need to be married to open a joint account? Many thanks for your time to answer.

I did open the joint account with my wife before we got married, so no we didnt need to be married at the time. I was working in Vietnam at that stage, so no work permit required.

Transferring money outside Thailand is always a question of:  are you transferring funds into your own name, or to a third party. If you want to transfer money to another person or say a company (outside Thailand) and are known to your bank they will ask for some kind of bill or invoice, i.e. the reason for the transfer. If you transfer funds to your own name it should be a bit easier, within limitations.

But, When/if you transfer funds from a Thai brokerage account, and its from your name to your same name overseas, then there are no questions and its just about automatic, but few people know this here. Hence its very easy to transfer from most all Thai brokers to overseas, but not from Banks. It is what it is.