Meechai says new election road map is constitutional

snoop1130

Meechai says new election road map is constitutional

By The Nation

6f218a579349e74ca3cbad5a024dc114.jpeg

Head of the Constitution Drafting Commission (CDC) Meechai Ruchupan confirmed that the latest road map announced by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha was in line with the Constitution.

At the same time, he appeared to be tired with speculation that the legislation of organic laws would cause an extension of the road map and delay the election.

“I don’t know. Maybe the speculation is right. For example, maybe I’ll just trip, fall down and not wake up again. That may interrupt the legislation,” Meechai said on Wednesday.

However, Meechai said that the new road map that Prayut announced on Tuesday, in which an election would take place in November next year, was well in accordance with the new Constitution.

He and Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam had discussed the matter, and the Prime Minister had acknowledged the timeframe laid out by the charter, Meechai said.

The CDC was under no pressure despite the announcement, Meechai said. The panel had a timetable that it must complete its job after 240 days, and it would follow through, he said.

Despite being a member of the National Council for Peace and Order, Meechai said he had no knowledge about whether the political ban would be lifted now that the political party law was in effect. He said it was up to Prayut.

In the meantime, he said the CDC was completing its drafts of the final two organic bills. These are on the selection of the Senate and the election of MPs, and they are essential for holding an election next year.

Both would be submitted to the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) next month.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329075

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-11

11 minutes ago, tomta said:

Is Meechai the new constitutional court? By the way on his suggestion that he might fall down and not get up again, I was tempted but will refrain from being uncharitable.

Goodness me no - I mean, if anything happens to him who is going to draft the next constitution?

CDC chairman admits drafting of two last organic laws difficult

By Chalarntorn Yothasmutra

Meechai-11-oct-17.jpg

Constitution Drafting Committee chairman Meechai Ruchupan admitted the difficulty in the drafting of two last organic laws – elections of Members of House of Representatives and Senators – but assured that they would be completed and passed by the National Legislative Assembly within the 240-day timeframe.

He said Wednesday that he was worried with the drafting of the two laws because they are difficult to write if they are to be written anew and to be different from the old laws and whether they will be accepted or not.

The CDC chairman said that he didn’t feel any pressure that the two remaining organic laws would not be passed within the 240-day timeframe or whether the two laws would be ditched in the parliament.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cdc-chairman-admits-drafting-two-last-organic-laws-difficult/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-12

“I don’t know. Maybe the speculation is right. For example, maybe I’ll just trip, fall down and not wake up again. That may interrupt the legislation,” Meechai said on Wednesday.

Great to see that someone with such power and influence is still able to give a "smart-ass" answer as only a teenager would.

Says a lot about how serious he takes the future of 60 million people.

13 hours ago, tomta said:

Is Meechai the new constitutional court? By the way on his suggestion that he might fall down and not get up again, I was tempted but will refrain from being uncharitable.

With some luck they all get terminal illness

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, snoop1130 said:

At the same time, he appeared to be tired with speculation that the legislation of organic laws would cause an extension of the road map and delay the election.

And I guess the cretin was expecting the meeting to break down in hysterical laughter at his 'clever' joke . . . ughhhh!, pass that bowl . . . quick!

But that's about the level of thinking and commitment that we've come to expect from these commissions, committees, councils and conferences that the NCPO delights in stalling the legislative process with. I can think of another 'C' word that better describes this shower.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, snoop1130 said:

Head of the Constitution Drafting Commission (CDC) Meechai Ruchupan confirmed that the latest road map announced by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha was in line with the Constitution

And what about this bleeding road map that they keep on about, as if it's going to be better than the Michelin one? I was at Ce-ed the other day and asked the attendant for the NCPO one and she looked at me as if I was stupid. Bloody cheek.