German police rule out terrorism in Munich knife attack

rooster59

German police rule out terrorism in Munich knife attack

By Ayhan Uyanik

640x640 (4).jpg

German police officers guard the site where earlier a man injured several people in a knife attack in Munich, Germany, October 21, 2017.

MUNICH (Reuters) - German police ruled out a political or religious motive behind a knife attack in the city of Munich on Saturday and said a detained man suspected of injuring eight people had mental health problems.

The arrest of the suspect in his 30s brought calm back to the streets of the Bavarian capital after a tense morning. Police had asked residents to stay home until they find the attacker who had fled on a bicycle.

Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae told a news conference that eight people have been lightly injured in the attack and that the suspect was known to police from previous offences, including burglary.

"We have no indication of a terrorist, political, or religious motive," Andrae said. "I assume it is to do with a psychological disorder of the perpetrator."

Police had earlier said they believe the man, who attacked people at several different locations, acted alone.

His victims include a 12-year-old boy and a woman.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-10-22

In all news reports after this story started breaking, locals were told to "stay indoors" and that this maniac knifeman on a rampage was a)wearing a green top and B) had a black bicycle. Well if he ditched his jumper and ride how on earth would Germans recognize the danger? I'm sorry, but as soon as I saw this style of reporting(all important details omitted) I knew who did the attack. Sad, but I will be proven right, irrespective of this claim that the motive was not to scare people.

28 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

I knew who did the attack. Sad, but I will be proven right, irrespective of this claim that the motive was not to scare people.

Sounds like he was closer to Aryan than Muslim. 

"About three hours later, police arrested a man matching a description they had issued based on witness reports. They said he was heavy, unshaven with short blond hair and had a black bicycle and a backpack.

The 33-year-old suspect, who was carrying a knife when he was arrested, was already known to police for bodily harm, drug offenses and theft, city police chief Hubertus Andrae told reporters."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/21/munich-stabbing-three-injured-knife-attack-suspect-run/

6 hours ago, lucjoker said:

muslims  alone are responsible for 99,9% of terrorist -attacks......

So why,if some one start knifing around , we dont think of this 0,1 % ? This makes

us racists?

First I wanted to like this post. - But then - I don't know where your 99.1 % comes from - but I am sure they are responsible for most of the terrorist attracks