Podcasts?

samran

Hi All,

I'm a bit slow with these things, but I'm starting to get into Podcasts. For me, it is a great way to download Australian radio programmes.

The thing is, up until now, I've just been listening to them off my computer, which is fine. I don't have an Ipod, so I am limited to listening to them at home, but i would like to go a bit more portable.

We do have a Creative Zen however, so I'm wondering do the Creatives handle podcasts? Is there actually any difference in the technology?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this seems like a dumb question.

I listen to podcasts on my computer to. The ones l listen to l can download as an mp3 file so if your Zen player can play mp3s then l don't see why not. Maybe you can't play downloads from iTunes but l can't see most podcasts being a problem but if l'm wrong someone will set me straight.

I listen to podcasts on my computer to. The ones l listen to l can download as an mp3 file so if your Zen player can play mp3s then l don't see why not. Maybe you can't play downloads from iTunes but l can't see most podcasts being a problem but if l'm wrong someone will set me straight.

Playing podcasts from iTunes on a non-ipod player is no problem. This is why alot of content creators are beginning to use the term 'netcast' as the term podcasts causes confusion such as this.

Being a die-hard Mac OS X user with an iPod I rarely have to think- I just manage and move files back and forth.

But I suspect if the Creative Zen owner delves into what file formats their unit handles natively and corroborates that to what is in their Podcast folder it should be possible to migrate between the two.

Some resources worth exploring are these:

The Complete Guide to iTunes Podcasts

M2Convert for ZEN - Zen Converter Software

Zen Creative software available at Versiontracker.com

I do this all the time. I usually just download the podcasts with iTunes. But to put the files onto my mp3 player I open up the podcasts folder and the window to display what is currently on my player. Then I just drag and drop them between the two.

I find this the easiest way and I am assuming you player has a usb connection.

:o

my mobilephone has 512mb ram and a really good sound.

but you can find very small mp3-player for 1500baht up..

"on the way" is much more fun

:D

maybe your netcast have a flatty bitrate.some are only 16or32

a cd-mp3-sound is about 192 bit and 44,100 khz

Edited by lung