Pack of Thai men on bikes "hired" to assault Kazakh guide in brazen Pattaya attack

snoop1130

33 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

So I am not interested in life, because I am not interested in going to Pattaya, To each his own

22 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

World class beaches? What a joke, if one enjoys beaches with brown trout floating by. (Raw sewage).

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

Edited by BigBadGeordie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, terryofcrete said:

You lost part of your anatomy in a childhood accident... remember !!

Now we all know why you love Pattaya. As was said by many, men have two brains and obviously in your case the smaller seems to working on a higher level than the large one.

Interested to know how you knew I lost one of my toes in an accident when I was a kid.

53 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

"When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life."

Your the one that made this stupid remark not me.

39 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Maybe because you may be scared of your own shadow and all things Thai perhaps?  You are not alone.... This forum seems to be full of expats with the same sad outlook on life. 

Good grief, what an assumption. 

I probably spent more time in pattaya 10 to 15 years ago than 20 of the ones who post similar to you put together. First visit was early 90's.

It's what it has become that I don't like. 

In the times I was there it was fine to sit on the beach and relax and the water was fine for a swim. Yes all the go-go bars were there and people enjoyed the various 'services' provided.

Without a doubt there were a few fights around but not to the scale being reported nowadays.

I can remember walking along beach road without the smell of drains every 50 metres. The sea being a blue colour ???. Bars where the staff at least appeared interested, if they weren't they hid it well.

The girls weren't the Thai version of the UK's Rolly Poly dance group ( google it ) as they seem to be reported as being now.

Pattaya always had cracks in it's walls and papering over them every year isn't the solution. The smells come through the paper.

'You' enjoy pattaya as you do now and all the best to you for doing so. Don't assume that your view is the only real one.

And don't think age makes you scared of your own shadow as you put it.

Some of the older guys might just surprise you if you try putting it to their face ? not me though, I'm way passed that now.

Edited by overherebc

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Well I thought foreign tour guides were pretty much illegal and could not have a valid work permit or visa?  Of course I have seen many and they naturally speak the language of their home country and translate to their country folk on the tour. 

As I remember the Russians tried to run a bunch of tour busses a while back but did not see them last year before I moved to the Philippines but I am thinking they were justifiably booted out of town. As for the Kazak, his days are numbered, that was just a polite warning. His best bet is pack up and head for the airport. This is Thailand and for Thais. A little story. When I was green in Thailand 30 years ago I was visiting a friend of mine who was partnered with an American Vet in a bar and bungalow on Patong Beach called the Paradise. I asked him why he he did not get into the tourist boat business, he paused and gave me one of those looks the old boys give the greenhorns and he said, "if I bought a boat and competed with the Thais it would be burnt to the waterline the first night". 

33 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I probably spent more time in pattaya 10 to 15 years ago than 20 of the ones who post similar to you put together. First visit was early 90's.

In the times I was there it was fine to sit on the beach and relax and the water was fine for a swim. Yes all the go-go bars were there and people enjoyed the various 'services' provided.

Without a doubt there were a few fights around but not to the scale being reported nowadays.

I can remember walking along beach road without the smell of drains every 50 metres. The sea being a blue colour ???. Bars where the staff at least appeared interested, if they weren't they hid it well.

The girls weren't the Thai version of the UK's Rolly Poly dance group ( google it ) as they seem to be reported as being now.

Pattaya always had cracks in it's walls and papering over them every year isn't the solution. The smells come through the paper.

'You' enjoy pattaya as you do now and all the best to you for doing so. Don't assume that your view is the only real one.

Some of the older guys might just surprise you if you try putting it to their face ? not me though, I'm way passed that now.

He goes by the right name tryasimight but he is failing because with his attitude he will never grow up and be mature. I agree with you that let them enjoy Pattaya with its reputation for violence and drunks and the crime, I would prefer where I am, where the people are more respectful of each other where we can go and sit and have a quiet drink with friends without having to put up with these immature trouble maker drunken yobo's

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

He goes by the right name tryasimight but he is failing because with his attitude he will never grow up and be mature. I agree with you that let them enjoy Pattaya with its reputation for violence and drunks and the crime, I would prefer where I am, where the people are more respectful of each other where we can go and sit and have a quiet drink with friends without having to put up with these immature trouble maker drunken yobo's

The joys of the cheap package tour. Sometimes easy to spot as the wellie marks on the legs take a few days to fade. :smile:

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The joys of the cheap package tour. Sometimes easy to spot as the wellie marks on the legs take a few days to fade. :smile:

No mate, not wellie marks, mummy has just cured his nappy rash and decided that he may have grown up enough to let out, but mummy was wrong

It is not only Pattaya it is most of the tourist places that this type of person ruins with their attitudes, Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai, Ko Samui, they are not worth going to now because of the immature tourists and their behaviour

2 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I agree with overherebc, I also have no desire to visit Pattaya 

Well, that's a relief, because we sure have enough Grumpy Ducks in Pattaya already.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of favourite sports among the Pattaya retired expat 'community' : complaining, criticizing, bitching, Thai-bashing, patronizing, and regretting the past.

Edited by Yann55

2 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

Well, that's a relief, because we sure have enough Grumpy Ducks in Pattaya already.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of favourite sports among the Pattaya retired expat 'community' : complaining, criticizing, bitching, Thai-bashing, patronizing, and regretting the past.

Even nostalgia's not what it used to be. 

29 minutes ago, overherebc said:

One more expat here to back you up............ I have 30 years with Pattaya and I 'Love It'............ I live on the 'Outskirts' of Pattaya.... The 'dark-side or  Khao Noi area....very pleasant.............. 

All I can say is that 'You see' what you 'think you see'......... and are very likely to believe it.............LOL...............

I have seen a lot of 'Negatives' in Pattaya in recent years because of 'Lazy Cops'........... But Khon Kaen, Udon, Surin, Korat, Ubon, are not without their 'Lazy cops' either................... I have visited most all of Issan and 'I LOVE ISSAN' But I live in Pattaya and can 'navigate it with confidence and experience............      STRANGE THINGS happen daily.............. and 'EVERYWHERE'............. Not just Pattaya.............. I do 'FAULT' the Pattaya Police for sure.... They are the same as all Thai 'POLICE'......... in all of Thailand............ (although Pattaya has a few additional things that draws criminal activity and that is tourists who are 'Unsuspecting'.... and easy targets............. There are way more incidences of 'Tourists' robbed than 'expats'............

1 hour ago, overherebc said:
  1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Maybe because you may be scared of your own shadow and all things Thai perhaps?  You are not alone.... This forum seems to be full of expats with the same sad outlook on life

I agree with Tryasimight ,reason you don't go as your avatar is a pussycat afraid of his shadow. As you mentioned you used to go to Pattaya but that was 10--15 years ago(when you could defend yourself).Time marches on and 15 years later AGE has made you scared of your own shadow  (as you mentioned) I came to Thailand  17 years ago , have been all over but for last 4 live in Pattaya (3 bedroom home) and have condo in Bangkok and property in Rayong.  Pats is not like it used to be but what place that youv'e been to in Thailand or elsewhere is? Buy the way am married for 12 years don't drink or do drugs. Have at least 5 co-workers who will retire within 6 months to a year and will be moving to Thailand probably Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

One more expat here to back you up............ I have 30 years with Pattaya and I 'Love It'............ I live on the 'Outskirts' of Pattaya.... The 'dark-side or  Khao Noi area....very pleasant.............. 

All I can say is that 'You see' what you 'think you see'......... and are very likely to believe it.............LOL...............

I have seen a lot of 'Negatives' in Pattaya in recent years because of 'Lazy Cops'........... But Khon Kaen, Udon, Surin, Korat, Ubon, are not without their 'Lazy cops' either................... I have visited most all of Issan and 'I LOVE ISSAN' But I live in Pattaya and can 'navigate it with confidence and experience............      STRANGE THINGS happen daily.............. and 'EVERYWHERE'............. Not just Pattaya.............. I do 'FAULT' the Pattaya Police for sure.... They are the same as all Thai 'POLICE'......... in all of Thailand............ (although Pattaya has a few additional things that draws criminal activity and that is tourists who are 'Unsuspecting'.... and easy targets............. There are way more incidences of 'Tourists' robbed than 'expats'............

In all honesty I do sometimes feel for the cops in Pattaya, they can't all be bad, but dealing with an unending trail of out of their brain's expats from various countries 365 days a year must be wearing to say the least. 

Take the case of two drunk expats getting into a fight and trying to figure out who started what because of whatever, for me an impossible job, you'll never get the true story anyway. Throw them both in the cells for the night, stand them in front of a local judge the next morning, fine them 20,000 baht each and send them home. No need for blacklisting etc just send them back.

Of course there are differences when locals are involved and how to sort that I'm not sure. That is purely down to the local cops.

99% of the older guys who sit in the bars for a few beers at night and go home after, 'encumbered' :sleepy: or not as the case may be are not the trouble makers or the ones who piss of the locals to the point where they react. Many of them enjoy a good bitch about things and the way they have changed and many of them have worked all their lives so so deserve to sit and bitch about things they don't like.  Yes there are few old dick-heads who still think they can fight like they did 30/40 years ago, but they really are the minority and as my granny used to say 'they deserve more pity than scolding'

3 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I agree with Tryasimight ,reason you don't go as your avatar is a pussycat afraid of his shadow. As you mentioned you used to go to Pattaya but that was 10--15 years ago(when you could defend yourself).Time marches on and 15 years later AGE has made you scared of your own shadow  (as you mentioned) I came to Thailand  17 years ago , have been all over but for last 4 live in Pattaya (3 bedroom home) and have condo in Bangkok and property in Rayong.  Pats is not like it used to be but what place that youv'e been to in Thailand or elsewhere is? Buy the way am married for 12 years don't drink or do drugs. Have at least 5 co-workers who will retire within 6 months to a year and will be moving to Thailand probably Pattaya.

Can beat you on that one I've got 4 condos in BKK, just sold one in Hua Hin, 3 bedroom house in BKK that was given as a wedding present from the in-laws and a holiday home near Rayong that's on the market at the moment. 3  cars, 2 in my name and a wife going through the change of life.

Next offer?

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Can beat you on that one I've got 4 condos in BKK, just sold one in Hua Hin, 3 bedroom house in BKK that was given as a wedding present from the in-laws and a holiday home near Rayong that's on the market at the moment. 3  cars, 2 in my name and a wife going through the change of life.

Next offer?

But none of that has to do with your aversion to visiting Pattaya---I and friends  don't have investment property in Thailand because get much more in rental/sale of US properties

28 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

But none of that has to do with your aversion to visiting Pattaya---I and friends  don't have investment property in Thailand because get much more in rental/sale of US properties

I don't like pattaya as it is now.

I don't like the slums of Naples.

I don't like some areas of Chicago or New york. I used to like Damascus, I sure as sh-t wouldn't like it now. I don't like Cairo as I once did. These are not places I went on holiday, I spent time working there

Places change and some like the changes, some don't. If you're happy with Pattaya then fine. If your work buddies want to retire there fine. Good for you and them.

Just don't keep assuming you're the only person in the world that has what you've got and I'm happy for you that you have it.

Try not to go around telling people that they should enjoy the same things and places as you and they are 'lesser' than you because they don't.

PS.

My avatar represents the mental picture I get when my wife calls me from the office. ??.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

I don't like pattaya as it is now.

I don't like the slums of Naples.

I don't like some areas of Chicago or New york. I used to like Damascus, I sure as sh-t wouldn't like it now. I don't like Cairo as I once did. These are not places I went on holiday, I spent time working there

Places change and some like the changes, some don't. If you're happy with Pattaya then fine. If your work buddies want to retire there fine. Good for you and them.

Just don't keep assuming you're the only person in the world that has what you've got and I'm happy for you that you have it.

Try not to go around telling people that they should enjoy the same things and places as you and they are 'lesser' than you because they don't.

PS.

My avatar represents the mental picture I get when my wife calls me from the office. ??.

Excuse me but I never expouse my lifestyle , place to live as better  than someone else's or  I am superior. The quote is " different strokes for different folks" or " one man's meat is another man's poison" I have introduced  Thailand to over 20 persons in the almost 18 years I have been coming here but never said Thailand was the best just that I enjoyed it and that they might. Some don't like Asia/Asians , their choice but I take umbrage with you and other posters who have not been here in ages or never been here saying basically that anyone here is a sexpat or whoremonger living in a shithole. That seems like you taking a superior attitude that you live better than us here. As mentioned I live in various areas as her family has property in many areas and I like to visit different areas as well. I love visiting NYC and have many times as I used to live in Boston , MA 4 hrs away but never cared to live there. Would only be in Muslim countries for work as their beliefs  and treatment of women and others are not compatible with my sentiments.

Edited by Tony125

9 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Excuse me but I never expouse my lifestyle , place to live as better  than someone else's or  I am superior. The quote is " different strokes for different folks" or " one man's meat is another man's poison" I have introduced  Thailand to over 20 persons in the almost 18 years I have been coming here but never said Thailand was the best just that I enjoyed it and that they might. Some don't like Asia/Asians , their choice but I take umbrage with you and other posters who have not been here in ages or never been here saying basically that anyone here is a sexpat or whoremonger living in a shithole. That seems like you taking a superior attitude that you live better than us here. As mentioned I live in various areas as her family has property in many areas and I like to visit different areas as well. I love visiting NYC and have many times as I used to live in Boston , MA 4 hrs away but never cared to live there. Would only be in Muslim countries for work as their beliefs  and treatment of women and others are not compatible with my sentiments.

You're Giving away your age with that post sir.... 

Take umbrage lol

Haven't heard it in decades.... :smile:

Edited by speedtripler

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have a friend who was beaten up by hotel staff there last night for complaining that the water in his room hadn't worked properly for two days. He has stitches above one eye, a broken shoulder and several other injuries.

serves him right! he should have had beer instead of water.

tsk tsk, ,not so well organised a beating then as they forgot to tip the mafia sitting the box on their phones, or only tipped enough to ignore visuals and not noise, when will the beat up gangs learn ?

and what is with this row about Pattaya....lol ? 

I quite like Pattaya, or to be exact the areas surrounding Pattaya, like the water park at Silver Lake, the Seafood Market in Bangkok and Farm Chok Chai :-) 

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

I like that about not being here in ages. I've been living here or based here since the 90's.

Leaving aside the 'My black cat is blacker than your black cat'

I don't like what pattaya is like now. I used to like it but now I don't.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I don't like what pattaya is like now. I used to like it but now I don't.

living in Pattaya or its outskirts and using its top facilities does not require to like the city. what the Pattaya haters have to offer (calling it a shithole) is nothing but empty blah-blah.