Hua Hin Wi Fi

charlesfrith

The true move internet cafe has free wifi. Nice relaxing cafe. I've sat there for hours after just buying one water (also sat there and bought numerous beers!). Has a car park. The place i go when i get fed up of my dial up account (no adsl where i live).

On Phetchakasem Road between Chomsin Road and the Esso pump station.

The true move internet cafe has free wifi. Nice relaxing cafe. I've sat there for hours after just buying one water (also sat there and bought numerous beers!). Has a car park. The place i go when i get fed up of my dial up account (no adsl where i live).

thank you too, after shelling out 90 baht for an icecream at the plaza and still getting the floor mopper paying extra attention to the area around me i think i'll try the true place...

rgds

charles

thank you too, after shelling out 90 baht for an icecream at the plaza and still getting the floor mopper paying extra attention to the area around me i think i'll try the true place...

rgds

charles

very impressed. fastest wi fi connection so far in hua hin... true move on petchkasem rod

rgds

charles

very impressed. fastest wi fi connection so far in hua hin... true move on petchkasem rod

Alas it was too good to last and the staff became truculent and switched the wi fi off claiming it was not working. So I left place empty and as they say in Thailand chao cham yen cham ... or.... i just wash one dish in the morning and another dish in the evening.... no wonder it's practically empty most of the time.

i've gone back to sirin plaza for wireless but if anyone else has a suggestion i'd be grateful... also there is a wi fi at the hilton hotel.. which is free for 30 minutes if anyone is in need of quick access with a laptop...

cheers

Another alternative that actually is still cheaper than many internet cafes is to buy a wi fi card from Sunshine Internet which is on Petchkasem 74 (near the main intersection). 100 Baht purchases 5 hours and just opposite is a Euro Bakery which really is one of the most authentic bakeries I've ever had the pleasure to stumble across. Prices are very reasonable bordering on egalitarian! EU Bakery Guest House, 40/41 Soi Condo Tanawit, Amnuay-Sin Road Tel 032 530068 www.euroguesthouse.huahin.com

rgds

charles

Alas it was too good to last and the staff became truculent and switched the wi fi off claiming it was not working. So I left place empty and as they say in Thailand chao cham yen cham ... or.... i just wash one dish in the morning and another dish in the evening.... no wonder it's practically empty most of the time.

i've gone back to sirin plaza for wireless but if anyone else has a suggestion i'd be grateful... also there is a wi fi at the hilton hotel.. which is free for 30 minutes if anyone is in need of quick access with a laptop...

cheers

For the first time ever, I'm managing to get a Wi Fi signal at my home in Khao Pitak, courtesy of the Bon Kai tower. Purchased a month's card at Sunshine (as you mentioned CF) for 500 baht & the connection is way faster than my old dial up was, so just waiting for the downside to raise its head - 500 bt for a month of fast connection? Methinks too good to be true :o I'll report in after a month with my experiences. :D

Surprisingly Im picking up free Wi Fi now at the Bakery from G_604 wireless. That said the Sunshine wireless is lying spare if the connection goes down. In addition I picked up free Wi Fi from the house I'm staying in behind the grand hotel called linksys which I never was able to before. It was a week connection but workable. I wonder if the slightly cooler weather has effected things. Now then I need to find a travel agent fast and buy a ticket to LA if anyone has any suggestions. The cinnamon buns in the bakery are huge and at only 20 baht are infinitely superior to the 50 baht ones in Bangkok. I've also had some fresh cream pie today called Diablo or something and it's awesome.

• 2 years later...

Bought an air card from the Thai Visa classified. I get decent download speeds and it is pay as you go on the AIS 1-2 call network.It came with the first 30 hours free and then it is 100 baht for 30 hours, 500 baht for 250 hours or 1000 baht unlimited. Well happy :) Saying that I now have no excuse to go to my local bar with free wi-fi for internet dam_n!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I would have breakfast at a cafe on the east side of Petchkasem (sp?) between the road from the railway station and the Khrung Thai Bank. (It's the only place open before 0730 on that stretch of the road, which is how/why I found it.)

Maybe it's because I was there early morning, but their FREE WiFi is *FAST*! I did a speedtest.net to Bangkok, and it was almost 6Mbps download.

Not sure how long you can sit there, but you could buy a cup of coffee and then sit there a while and see if they turn it off. :D

[edited to add:]

I think I just remembered the name: "Billion," or something close to that.

Edited by wpcoe