Plastic Sheet

grollies

• 2 weeks later...

If you're still looking, and you live near Chon Buri, I've bought from a local shop that has a good inventory of a variety of plastic sheets, though I dont know if they have (or can order) PTFE.  Let me know if you want the contact info for this company,...I'll need to dig though my files to find them.

7 hours ago, siamike said:

Sorry for the delay;  here's the google map to the acrylic shop I've bought from in the past.  

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@13.3526864,100.9818935,3a,75y,320.42h,98.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skOx-p6sV-28jSxOT4xSeVw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Thank you mate, much appreciated.

• 5 months later...

Just read up on PTFE sheet and genuinely  interested to know what and how people use it here. The "too slippery for Geckos and ants"  seems to have a real application as cladding or skirting in Thailand  but wondering about the  durability due to creep . 

Thai Watsadu next to Mega in Bangna   sells various kinds of colours and thickness of Acrylic sheet at the back with the wood and plumbing. The problem (for me) is it only seems to come in 4 metre lengths and they offer no cutting service.  I did politely suggest they might offer a cutting service and their call centre called me to discuss it. It was surprisingly detailed call - what kind of service did i need would i pay for it did i think others might etc so perhaps they will consider actually doing it.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, turgid said:

Just read up on PTFE sheet and genuinely  interested to know what and how people use it here. The "too slippery for Geckos and ants"  seems to have a real application as cladding or skirting in Thailand  but wondering about the  durability due to creep . 

I can virtually guarantee that it isn't available in Thailand and certainly not used as cladding or skirting as a 1.5mm 1.5 metres square would cost at least 9,000 Baht, go up to 6mm thick and it's over 45,000 Baht these are before VAT UK prices.

This means that if available (and it probably isn't) his sheet would be a lot north of 100,000 Baht each

Edited by sometimewoodworker