What Is The Age Of Consent In Thailand?

Kwaay

Hello,

What is the age of consent in Thailand?

Are you absolutely sure?

Is this the actual age enforced? Can you still get in legal trouble being involved with someone even at that age?

Is the age of consent different for young men and young women? If so, what are the two respective ages?

I would never break the law. That's why I'm asking. Some places on the net say 18. Some say 15. Whatever the answer is, I don't know if it applies to both young men and young women.

Thanks for any info.

Kwaay

:D

Is this for Disco entrance or for other things that you have in mind.

18 me think !!!! :D

Disco 20 me think !!! :D

Under that age forget it. :o

yeah i spose age difference has something here. my wife and myself are 19 months different - spose thats why we get along so well.

btw: just noticed the sunbelt asia advertisements. very good.

If you happen to be an american,the age is 18, If caught with your gut wrench stuck in anything under 18,then the US can bust your ass.

This is correct. It was explained to me that standard is set by the federal government of your country of residence. USA = 18

Age of consent in different locals technically does not apply.

generally speaking in many places there is no age of consent, first menstruation makes a female fair game. In this respect we would perhaps discuss tribal societies and not 'civilized' places like the US, Europe and Thailand...other than bashing about with social and religeous opprobrium there is no threat of sissors, darning needles and infibulation.

quite nice to be ethnocentric in this regard....

A couple of comments on the above posting. First, not all countries have federal governments. Surely you don't believe that US law takes precedence over Thai law in Thailand? So on that basis if you break an American speed limit in Thailand will the US government prosecute if it finds out?

If you do believe foreign law takes precedence then become a British citizen because the age of consent in UK is 16. It's even less in some European countries.

In Thailand the age of consent, as stated in postings above, is 15 or it is 18 if money is changing hands for the service.

generally speaking in many places there is no age of consent, first menstruation makes a female fair game. In this respect we would perhaps discuss tribal societies and not 'civilized' places like the US, Europe and Thailand...

True but unfortunately or not, tribal societies are fast disappearing.

So, the age of consent is more and more a "law" matter than a "physical" matter.

For good or bad,...

Hello,

What is the age of consent in Thailand?

Are you absolutely sure?

Is this the actual age enforced? Can you still get in legal trouble being involved with someone even at that age?

Is the age of consent different for young men and young women? If so, what are the two respective ages?

I would never break the law. That's why I'm asking. Some places on the net say 18. Some say 15. Whatever the answer is, I don't know if it applies to both young men and young women.

Thanks for any info.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kan Win:-

:D:D

Me think, that the original poster was on about Thailand and not other countries around the world. :D

Please, Kan we stick to the poster's (topic) i.e. Fred or not ?.Only asking !!!!! :o

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

kan win...well, you know... that we can't speak Karen dialect down the beer bar to understand what's acceptable...

:D:D:D

Well said.

OK. I Kan not always Win..... :o

Unless you are looking for legal advise I say, she said yes, he said yes please,

that is the right age of consent, as long as both are within the same age.

Of course, it is a different story if you are a geezer and she is a beautiful junior citizen :o

Depends what is your intention, like marriage of a young girl with the approval of the parents with a local man, or if it is a Thai girl living together with a foreigner, or if it is only disco, bar and short-time...

Age of consent for doing what?

I am careful, for me any nice meeting with a young lady means 20+, and I like to see the ID card and make a copy of it.

I want to know, who she is....

Never had any problem...

Johann

No need to...

abuse and exploitation don't exist between consenting people of all ages, sexes and nationalities. We are all equal, I think you explained this already, Axel.

Good job the police don't see it this way. There will be one 'troll' less on this forum soon...

Yohan, 2:30 a.m/ ion Moshi - moshi country.

Don't bee too serious. Ask Ms.... (shoot, I forgot her name already)

Hi, Axel,

I am not sure, whom to ask.....do you mean MsNina, or Mrs. Boo?

I closed the thread about the radicals -

it was impossible to continue for argumentation with a moderator, who is a foreign woman herself, who tolerates any remarks by the side of the foreign radicals (like to call me a woman-hater), who tolerates any idiot postings of trolls, ignores moderate postings of other women and on the other side, who asked me to close down this thread, as she does not like it.....

-----

Many questions are still open, often not related to radicals generally, but more related to Thailand and I will post them soon for discussion on this forum...

I will also post some neutral questions on this forum, some questions about Thailand, I like to know.....but I do not think, they will catch attention and will trigger over 200 replies....

Johann

No need to...

abuse and exploitation don't exist between consenting people of all ages, sexes and nationalities. We are all equal, I think you explained this already, Axel.

Good job the police don't see it this way. There will be one 'troll' less on this forum soon...

Please let us know the name of this troll....

I think, it is difficult to catch him....

Always in hiding, and sometimes posting as a woman and sometimes posting as a man with a stupid one-line or two-line statement....

And I heard, even mistaken for a re-born ERCO....

Herr Johann,

Axel never posted pretending to be a woman, nor did I.

The thread you started was closed by a moderator who concluded it was going nowhere, for reasons see her posting.

If you have nothing better to do, go back to Austria and wind the people there up.

If you study the 200 over postings carefully on my former radical feminist thread, then you will see, that other male posters also were mistaken to be a woman, or to be ERCO....

Over 200 postings show that many readers found the subject interesting.

The thread was LOCKED by MY REQUEST to keep trolls away forever.

I still think, the South Thai Muslim girl is much nicer than the radical feminist American power-lady....

The Thai-Muslim girl is indeed the more peaceful one....

Just read something about US-woman-soldiers in Iraq....

The prostitutes inAustria all carry valid IDs, so you can make sure you don't fall foul of the law.

Another reason for you to go back there....

US-woman-soldiers in Iraq are radical feminists? Overdosed on your medication again, Jo?

The prostitutes inAustria all carry valid IDs, so you can make sure you don't fall foul of the law.

Another reason for you to go back there....

US-woman-soldiers in Iraq are radical feminists? Overdosed on your medication again, Jo?

1-

Yes, they carry valid ID/Healthcheck-card - if they are the legal ones....

2-

Yes, still I think, Thai-Muslim girl is more peaceful.....

Do not forget, this is still Thailand....

3-

No need to go back.....explained by 2-