Khon Kean Any Good Bars

brianw

I find the #1 bar a bit funny

Not as funny as they find you :o

you are probably right, it's full of moanin saopdodgers, so there is a lot of BO in the place.

The owner at that time didn't have airconditioning workin, beer was hot and not a great variety.

he was soliciting falangs off the street from his motorcy to come there and you got a sheet reception.

I believe it's been sold again.

Lighthouse is the bar for me.

The place changed owners about a year ago, and it's renovated. Great place with imported steaks if you are hungry.

Number 1 has changed hands multiple times, Geoff basicly got screwed out of the place by a couple helpful drama seeking tourists but for a time he ran it well and served a few famous sunday dinners. Ive heard the newest owners have made a good go of it and good for them, It would be worth checking out.

Unless there has been a dramatic change the beer bar in the basement of Sofitel had the best beer and live music in town. There is always a new trendy bar within a few hundred meters of the Sofitel so no worries. Club 172 was great and set up as upper scale drink place for those who wanted a nice place to hang out and listen to DJ music, I havent been there in some time. It would be worth taking a look at and is across the street from Sofitel on the left.

I have not bothered with any restraunt in KK since Hendrik left, He had the best damm food that KK has ever seen and most likely ever will. I no longer live around there so now when Im in town I go straight to the McDonalds, it's the only one Isarn.

Edited by Mai Krap

The food in the Number 1 is great. A Scottish chef.

The Lighthouse isn't a bar really - just a restaurant.

The one opposite the Sofitel is <deleted>. Eric's bar, unless you want chatted up by fat 'ex' bargirls, asking 'how long you in Thailand?'

I have not bothered with any restraunt in KK since Hendrik left, He had the best damm food that KK has ever seen and most likely ever will. I no longer live around there so now when Im in town I go straight to the McDonalds, it's the only one Isarn.

There was one in "The Mall" in Korat when I was last there. Did it close?

Korat=Khon Kaen, close but no cigar :o

Korat=Khon Kaen, close but no cigar :o

I was responding to the statement "it's the only one (in) Isarn." Last time I checked, that include Korat.

It's still open and has in fact extended, as they also rent what was the Red Ant bar. But thats Korat..

Edited by mpdkorat