driving license & confiscated

Seanbhoy

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I have found the "pay now " option has all but disappeared, people have dash cams, phone cams etc and the police know it. I can see the OPs point though, he paid the good old fashioned "pay now" option and it wasn't honered up the road.

Look at it as inflation a 600 Baht contribution

6 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

I didn't bribe anyone, I wanted to go to work, he wanted some money - win win

Very naive unless this is a windup. Now they can claim you offered a bribe and it was taken as part of a sting to extort you.

Win-lose big time.

Actually you seem not to have enough money to be here. Better go back to the UK and earn more.

7 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt there as it was not me who mentioned anything about my wife or family but i do think you are treading on very thin ice to who ever you are talking about.

my wife doesn't ride a motorcycle and not because of class difference or that she has a driver or a car - just because she thinks its dangerous.

I think you owe the person an apology who you are talking too, as if it was me id be a little upset.

you came to the wrong place if you dont want to get upset from stupid remarks. 

14 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Why bother to get the licence back?

My wife drives with no license, tax, insurance or helmet, says they will fine you no matter what, so might as well save on all the unnecessary expenses and just pay the 'instant fines'. Tickets they issue are just thrown.

The reason you need to pay the fine and get your license back is the next time you are stopped

you will get multiple tickets. (no license, and whatever you were stopped for) and they will hold/chain

your bike. You will then have to take a motorcycle taxi to the police station and pay all the fines. Then

its back to pick up your bike. Things may be different for your wife but for you, this will be you not

paying your fine penance.  

If I get stopped for some perceived infraction (for example not wearing a helmet, despite there clearly being a helmet on my head, thank you Jomtien) and they take my licence, I let them keep it. A new international licence (I always have at least 2) is 240 baht plus postage. Less than the fine. I hope my licence keeps them warm at night. 

12 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Very naive unless this is a windup. Now they can claim you offered a bribe and it was taken as part of a sting to extort you.

Win-lose big time.

Actually you seem not to have enough money to be here. Better go back to the UK and earn more.

I work for a European owned company, with a branch in Bangkok.

I get paid the same salary as i was getting whilst working in the UK.

In fact here is a lot more lenient on expenses, taxis, tolls, coffee & food while travelling is covered.

I work in a company that is contributing and benefiting from the industry 4.0 

what do you do?

teacher?

4 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

In fact here is a lot more lenient on expenses, taxis, tolls, coffee & food while travelling is covered.

So you say. Talk's cheap on the 'net, eh. But still seems not quite enough so that you don't need to sweat paying 500 - 600 baht pocket change and come here desperately seeking ways to lessen that vast sum. Maybe the wife is a bit too greedy.  

2 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

So you say. Talk's cheap on the 'net, eh. But still seems not quite enough so that you don't need to sweat paying 500 - 600 baht pocket change and come here desperately seeking ways to lessen that vast sum. Maybe the wife is a bit too greedy.  

ok yeh your right,

1 hour ago, Seanbhoy said:

what do you do?

teacher?

Ah, that's why you're bribing a police officer and don't call it corruption. Because you're such a smart man, I guess you're handsome too?

The facts are Seanbhoy you offered a police officer 100B not to write you a ticket. That is a bribe not a fantasy premium as you wish to call it. That is a criminal offense in any country so if you want to carry on with your fantasy about it being a premium then I suggest that you get off the drugs and the alcohol because you are not living in the real world. Everyone here has told you what to do and if you are too stupid and arrogant to listen to what the others say then go back to you beautiful dreamworld and either go to jail or be deported for a criminal offense.

On 02/02/2018 at 11:21 AM, stevenl said:

Ah, that's why you're bribing a police officer and don't call it corruption. Because you're such a smart man, I guess you're handsome too?

Erm you can come look if you want I work in the BIS building on Mahesak road in bang rak.

i never said I was clever, come say hello, my names sean and there’s hardly any foreigners in this block, I’m early 30s I just said I did the same job in UK as I do here.

someone provoked me to saying that. I’m here mon- fri 9-6

11 hours ago, Russell17au said:

The facts are Seanbhoy you offered a police officer 100B not to write you a ticket. That is a bribe not a fantasy premium as you wish to call it. That is a criminal offense in any country so if you want to carry on with your fantasy about it being a premium then I suggest that you get off the drugs and the alcohol because you are not living in the real world. Everyone here has told you what to do and if you are too stupid and arrogant to listen to what the others say then go back to you beautiful dreamworld and either go to jail or be deported for a criminal offense.

I don’t do drugs and I dont drink alcohol