SETV Seoul?

Hello everybody, was curious if anybody knows the  current status on getting a SETV in Seoul. I searched through and found one thread and a member in that thread posted "I think I remember seeing a report that Seoul would not issue you a Thai tourist visa if you had been recently in Thailand." Then I  found another thread earlier in Feb 2017 where a member got a visa there and said it was smooth.

I'm American, I just picked up a tourist visa in Hong Kong. Which went smooth by the way. Highly recommend check out HK for the tourism and the visa! 

I wanted to check out Seoul and grab a tourist visa for another 3 month stay before heading back to the states later in the year.  The internet doesnt seem to have much information on getting a tourist visa in Seoul. I'm going to email the consulate as well but i just wanted to know if anybody here knows if its a good place to grab one. I wanted to stay for a week or so and check out the country as its always been on my to do list.

Thanks alot guys! 

I have no first hand experience, but have the same recollection you do. Seoul is reported not to issue tourist visas to non South Korea residents who come direct from Thailand to apply for them.

Edited by BritTim

38 minutes ago, wijipa said:

Hi Brit Tim, i will get a 30 on arrival, can I then get a 30 ext or do I need to do a Visa run. Thanks

I am not sure of your nationality. If you are eligible for a regular visa exempt entry (i.e. not one based on bilateral agreement) then your 30-day permission to stay can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand on payment of 1,900 baht.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

I am not sure of your nationality. If you are eligible for a regular visa exempt entry (i.e. not one based on bilateral agreement) then your 30-day permission to stay can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand on payment of 1,900 baht.

He said he's American in the original post, so he qualifies for a 30 day permission of stay granted upon arrival, extendable for another 30 days at local Immigration.

48 minutes ago, lkv said:
1 hour ago, BritTim said:

He said he's American in the original post, so he qualifies for a 30 day permission of stay granted upon arrival, extendable for another 30 days at local Immigration.

I was responding to q question from @wijipa, not the OP @lovesthespicy