Help make this the best event in Thai history, says Minister

rooster59

Help make this the best event in Thai history, says Minister

By Lerpong Amsa-ngiam 
The Nation

d5cb6c4a44e8f7de22ff94b0c8b51e80.jpeg

Spain's Marc Marquez of Repsol Honda poses for The Nation photographer during practice at the Buri Ram International Circuit yesterday.

The Minister of Tourism and Sports, Weerasak Kowsurat, has asked people all over Thailand to work together to make a success of the inaugural PTT Thailand Grand Prix, which he vowed would be the biggest sporting event in Thai history.

Weerasak attended the Winter Test at the Chang International Circuit in Buri Ram, where the 15th round of the MotoGP series will take place on October 7.

“As this historic MotoGP event belongs to all Thais, it’s necessary to receive cooperation from all sectors to provide impressive hospitality to more than 100,000 tourists from all over the world and help generate [the maximum] revenue nationwide,” said Weerasak.

3f32d6585527ba75efc74ba0b0d48861.jpeg

The Minister specifically asked for the support of nearby provinces to provide transport and accommodation to visitors and showpiece Thai hospitality at its best.

“It will be the biggest event in , with over 800 million TV viewers all over the world, second only to the World Cup and Olympics. So we should take this opportunity to make the best impression and promote our country,” added the minister.

fad392666207db841e213eae19b67d16.jpeg

Weerasak also pointed out that the ministry would create the awareness of good disciplinary from professional riders to raise concerns on riding safety among young locals.

Meanwhile, Sport Authority of Thailand governor Sakon Wannapong led a caravan of around 1,000 Big Bike riders, including actor and singer Somchai Kemglad and A.P. Honda president Yoichi Mizutani, from Bangkok to the Chang International Circuit as a part of the Winter Test promotion.

046d8a141d9d310a07f3e778c29eee07.jpeg

“We started with 500 people, then more joined us along the way to make it around 1,000 bikes when we arrived at the circuit,” the SAT governor said.

Chang International Circuit president Newin Chidchob was full of confidence that his team was 100 per cent ready to host the MotoGP event after more than three years’ experience of organising a series of international circuits.

Later in the evening, other promotional activitiesm such as a Thailand Grand Expo and Big Bike Party, plus concerts by rock legends like Billy Ogan, Pe Hi-Rock and Thanapon Intharit were held and drew moderate attention from people in the province.

On the track, reigning world MotoGP champion Marc Marquez was good to his word and improved on his open-day effort to be fastest of the riders on the second day of practice.

3139b009dcee3f6ca4565491c491805e.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339113

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-18

The world has a total population of 6 billion people. It is suggested that there will be a viewership of 800 million (almost a billion). That means that 1 in about every 15 people (more or less) will be watching this race. Hmm.

5 minutes ago, neeray said:

The world has a total population of 6 billion people. It is suggested that there will be a viewership of 800 million (almost a billion). That means that 1 in about every 15 people (more or less) will be watching this race. Hmm.

1 out of 15? You must have a thai calculator 5555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Thian said:

1 out of 15? You must have a thai calculator 5555

Haha, you are right. I should have not used the Thai calculator. Should have just done it in my head as usual. Okay, 1 in 6 (more or less, the numbers are all BS anyway). Thanks for the correction.

10 minutes ago, neeray said:

Haha, you are right. I should have not used the Thai calculator. Should have just done it in my head as usual. Okay, 1 in 6 (more or less, the numbers are all BS anyway). Thanks for the correction.

Yup, and you sit in Toronto while my room is 30.1 celcius right now at midnight.

Today i bought 3 polosthirts in a shop with 60% discount. I calculated the price in my head and gave them the exact money before they even had made the bill....you should have seen their faces after the cashier came to the same amount.....priceless..

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“It will be the biggest event in , with over 800 million TV viewers all over the world, second only to the World Cup and Olympics. So we should take this opportunity to make the best impression and promote our country,” added the minister.

The numbers (created by the TV companies) are fictional, but there's no doubt that Moto GP is in the top two motorsports worldwide. It's arguable that F1 has more viewers.

People have worked hard to bring this top sporting event to Thailand and I hope it will be a great success.

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

The numbers (created by the TV companies) are fictional, but there's no doubt that Moto GP is in the top two motorsports worldwide. It's arguable that F1 has more viewers.

People have worked hard to bring this top sporting event to Thailand and I hope it will be a great success.

I bet all the guys who love to race on the streets will go there so it's the perfect opportunity for the police to get them.

That's what the police in Holland does during the TT from Assen, they write loads and loads of fines to speeding bikers and are fully prepared for it every year.

Myself i also ride big bikes but don't care for racing on a circuit....here you see what i like..if you want more you google for "zwarte cross"..it's a festival for men who like bikes, crossing, vehicles, rockmusic, beer, beer and more beer.