Arsenal

MiG16

Phil McNulty (Beeb) "Wenger tetchy - understandably - after match, but defiant on Ospina selection. Dress it up how you like, it was a dreadful selection mistake".

Would have been even more dreadful to have sold Ospina and kept Sczesney. I came across extended highlights of his Roma CL game on True yesterday. Schezzer let in a goal as junior league as Ospina's, plus should have saved 1 to 2 of the other goals. Perfectly dreadful - he spent the rest of that match with that stupid OMG look on his face realising he has probably f**888 his career now.

Every goalie is permitted one laughable horlicks a season. We and they pray it is not a game-changer; unfortunately for Ospina this time it was a game-changer - but the fans need to get behind him, he's a good keeper, miles more reliable than the Polish clown.

Wenger apparently laid into the team at Colney yesterday. Warranted - the team has to take responsibility for too many rudderless performances this season as much as he has to take responsibility, for unfathomable changes and apparently disrespecting opponents in the CL, or disrespecting the fans desire to see the team do well in that competition). But, Wenger should also address his blind spot about leadership on the field (I recall his attitude 2 seasons ago when challenged "we've got leaders all over the field - we don't need one strong leader" (bollux). If there is a leader it is BFG and he wasn't selected. (Wenger thinks it's Arteta I suspect - living in the past)

It would have played better if he had acknowledged a mistake in selection rather than hinting at (unexplained) mysterious reasons why Ospina got the nod. I don't understand why he doesn't just say that Cech was not feeling well/fit enough to start, but I had to have a goalie on the bench. Oh yes I do - cos that would have pointed at his other horlics of a decision over summer - maybe you are not so comfortable about Arsene having chosen to keep only 2 keepers in the squad now Chic? Stupid decision on his part. What would have happened if Ospina got injured early on and a crocked Cech takes the field - even more embarrassment? I surmise.

Bounce back on Sunday is his and the teams only absolution. History suggests that will happen - Arsenal usually pretty good at bounce backs and United's defence still looks mid table at best *

*Edit - woops - they have let in 5 in the Prem- we have let in 7

Edited by SantiSuk

Fourth of four broken Prem managers of the weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Msihlaa_tU&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Make that 5 - I forgot Dim, whose days are surely numbered. [i'm not suggesting that Van Gaargle is in the same holed boat as the other 4 though].

Perhaps there should be a managers window enforced on clubs. This 8 game roulette that applies only to managers and not big money players is crazy.

Edited by SantiSuk

It is his fault though.

They were much better second half, and if they'd started with that side and kept us out for 20 minutes, the moaners would have started up and put pressure on.

As it was it was game over.

I was laughing at Andy Gray though, what a tool.

At half time "If Man Utd score I can see another White Hart Lane (the infamous 5-3 win for Utd from 3-0 down) - Arsenal are that fragile".

At full time "Arsenal are the only team that can compete with Man City for the title".

Divvy!

Edited by Chicog

It is his fault though.

They were much better second half, and if they'd started with that side and kept us out for 20 minutes, the moaners would have started up and put pressure on.

At half time "If Man Utd score I can see another White Hart Lane (the infamous 5-3 win for Utd from 3-0 down) - Arsenal are that fragile".

At full time "Arsenal are the only team that can compete with Man City for the title".

Divvy!

andy gray's an appalling idiot.

united improved second half because he lashed his go-to lump fellaini on and arsenal were three up so sat back a bit.

It is his fault though.

Divvy!

andy gray's an appalling idiot.

united improved second half because he lashed his go-to lump fellaini on and arsenal were three up so sat back a bit.

Definitely could see Arsenal remembered lessons of charging forward and getting caught however felt they sat a bit too much. That being said a counter attacking threat would have been nice and kept Man Utd from completely dominating.

Apart from giving the ball away too much in our own third and Cech's kicks coming back (how he must miss looking up and seeing a lump like Drogba to aim at) I didn't feel much concern about their possession

Cech was almost as important for Arsenal as was Sanchez. If either of those two one-on-one chances that he handled flawlessly had gone in, it might have been a different story (might not, if we had been able to turn the wick back up again up front but we seem to be a bit of an emotions team). Schezzer would have definitely let-in the first one that he stopped with his leg.

Cech was almost as important for Arsenal as was Sanchez. If either of those two one-on-one chances that he handled flawlessly had gone in, it might have been a different story (might not, if we had been able to turn the wick back up again up front but we seem to be a bit of an emotions team). Schezzer would have definitely let-in the first one that he stopped with his leg.

When they signed him I said on here he's worth 10 points and Arsenal could challenge for the title.

I maintain that stance, a real astute purchase by Wenger.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, but BFG is the only team member that remotely resembles a team leader (Arteta makes my heart lurch downwards even when he gets up fronm the bench!). Cech will be a good candidate next season.

Watched the game at Mulligans in BKK - suffered badly from competing rugby match noise. Whatever has happened to Northern Hemisphere rugby!

Watford will struggle with that attacking line-up.

Agree Chic, but BFG is the only team member that remotely resembles a team leader (Arteta makes my heart lurch downwards even when he gets up from the bench!). Cech will be a good candidate next season.

Watched the game at Mulligans in BKK - suffered badly from competing rugby match noise. Whatever has happened to Northern Hemisphere rugby!

Watford will struggle with that attacking line-up.

Edited by SantiSuk

well well well :D

was told I was missed on here....:P kinda

anyway, just passing thru, hope you boys are behaving

we arent doing too badly, although that game against the chavs was abysmal

and then there is Europe......sighhhhhh

• Like 2

It's Death or Glory tonight!

On a side note I was just watching this Swiss Doctor scene in The Theory of Everything and I thought, "He looks just like Frank Le Boeuf". Blow me down if it is!

He's lost a few kilos since he was playing in Doha.

Heroic. Huge performance from Bellerin (and the rest of the defence). Bayern seemed to play for the draw after about 60 minutes but then got caught out.

Shame about Ramsey's hammy and I hope Sanchez's hip is OK.