GLO board to consider sale of lottery tickets in sets on March 21

webfact

GLO board to consider sale of lottery tickets in sets on March 21

By Thai PBS

lotto11.jpg

The board of the Government Lottery Office (GLO) will be asked to approve a proposal at a meeting on March 21 that the GLO should start introducing lottery tickets in sets for sale to solve the problem of overpricing of the sale of lottery in sets of two up to over 10 tickets.

GLO spokesman Thanawat Pholvichai said Wednesday that, in the initial stage, the GLO might put together 20 percent of lottery tickets of similar numbers in sets of 2 or more tickets for distribution to retailers for sale at 80 baht apiece retail price instead of at least 100 baht each as it is.

He said if the board gives an approval at its meeting on March 21, the set lottery tickets will be available for distribution in the second half of the year, adding however that the number of lottery tickets to be printed for each 15-day draw will remain at 80 million.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/glo-board-consider-sale-lottery-tickets-sets-march-21/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-01

A very good idea, I saw many vendors selling only set's...100 Baht per ticket...

Yes and I had my wife question the 40 baht up charge and the vendor explained how he had to charge extra for his work finding another seller with matching numbers so he could have sets and give people a chance at winning double. She easily accepted this explanation and agrees he needs to be paid and embraces the idea of a chance to win double. I didn’t bother to try and explain it’s all bs and the ticket wholesalers (who likely add a surcharge) just match up sets to be passed down to the street sellers.

6 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Yes and I had my wife question the 40 baht up charge and the vendor explained how he had to charge extra for his work finding another seller with matching numbers so he could have sets and give people a chance at winning double. She easily accepted this explanation and agrees he needs to be paid and embraces the idea of a chance to win double. I didn’t bother to try and explain it’s all bs and the ticket wholesalers (who likely add a surcharge) just match up sets to be passed down to the street sellers.

Many of those sellers use to sell the tickets of a package one by one for 100 baht...

And they are talking moving Thailand forward to digital age........ Online lottery via computerised machines manned by operator in various location ( similar as 7-11 ) is the way forward to eliminating fraud, corruption, reduce illegal peddler, etc........afterall, GLO management had visited PSCO, Philippines recently, to learn how they had successfully run this online lottery business....and they know this is the best solution yet they preferred old pre-printed method.....

And they are talking moving Thailand forward to digital age........ Online lottery via computerised machines manned by operator in various location ( similar as 7-11 ) is the way forward to eliminating fraud, corruption, reduce illegal peddler, etc........afterall, GLO management had visited PSCO, Philippines recently, to learn how they had successfully run this online lottery business....and they know this is the best solution yet they preferred old pre-printed method.....
The present system does at least put money in the hands of low income families.
Better money to made with lottery tickets than in many occupations.

1 hour ago, oohay200 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the original intent was for disabled people to sell the tickets, thus providing them with a job they could do and an income.  Hasn't worked out that way though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many vendors have been selling in sets for weeks now.

And charging more than the 80 baht....I DO NOT BUY a set I like to buy single tickets.

So whats new with the GLO starting this on 21 March when people are selling sets already???

It is a complete rip off