Uk Spouse Visa Granted

Wife’s spouse visa granted today, postdated 3 months as requested.

Submitted just 2 days ago.

Yipeee!

Thanks guys for all the advice.

Congrats mate!! 2days for our Visa to, and err postdated for 3 months to.

Steve

Congrats guys, good luck to you ! My wife is going to hand in her application for a settlment visa in 3 days.

DID you say submitted TWO days ago ? it may be worth asking my wife to stay in Bkk with her friend for a few days just in case!! its a long jorney from Chiang Rai .

The clerk receiving the application said it could be anything from 3 days to 3 months so I guess it all depends on the individual application and evidence provided.

One thing to be aware of is that when we first arrived a lady followed us into the building saying she had just arrived (read pretended to just arrive) and was going up to the VAC and that we should follow her, all the time questioning and advising my wife.

When people I dont know approach me in Thailand offering assistance I always get red alert warnings and get premonitions of my wallet getting lighter.

We got upstairs and she said we had to go into her office so that they could check we had everything required before proceeding next door to the VAC.

So straight into the VAC it was where the clerk checks everything for you anyway and there's a photocopier on site for 3 bt for any missing copies.

Likewise on collection day her male colleague was outside waiiting to know the outcome so he could offer services.

So tell her to ignore all the agents offereing advice outside the VAC and go straight to the main event. The VAC is on the righthand side of the agency and there is a sign pointing to it.

So tell her to ignore all the agents offereing advice outside the VAC and go straight to the main event. The VAC is on the righthand side of the agency and there is a sign pointing to it.

Great News Guru and Steve and best of, to you Ged.

The above quote is for all who go thru this process, do not even give them the time of day.

Good Luck

Moss

Congrats, Guru and best wishes for the future.

The clerk receiving the application said it could be anything from 3 days to 3 months so I guess it all depends on the individual application and evidence provided.
Quite. If all the evidence submitted shows that, on the balance of probabilities, the criteria for the visa are met then it will be issued without an interview within 10 working days, usually a lot less. However, if an interview is required then the waiting time depends on when the next slot is available. In busy periods this can be as much as 15 weeks plus!

Moral; prepare properly and ensure that the evidence submitted with the application is spot on.