METV TM30 TM28 ?

i am coming back thailand this saturday. I just made a new metv and i will probably use it for stay in thailand for almost 9 months with 2 border run and 3 extensions.

i am going to stay for a month in a place i found in airbnb. after i arrive i am going to look for a long time room.

i still dont understand what are the documents i need to do in immigration for not getting fined. tm30 tm28? 

tm28 is for change of address, a tm30 is required to be submitted within 24 hours of arrival by the owner of the property

as a tourist visa user you would only need a tm 30 to have been submitted if you come into contact with a local immigration office, as in the case of a 30 day extension. but all offices do not require this, where will you be staying

1 hour ago, sustanon said:

i am going to stay for a month in a place i found in airbnb. i dont know if they are going to report anything.

is a rent room. not a hotel or a condo.

this for the 1st month. after that i will find a condo 

The building management may do the report. Check with them about it. If not Pattaya immigration will allow you to do the report yourself.

When you move you will only need to do another TM30. Immigration will not ask for the TM28.

13 hours ago, sustanon said:

i am not sure this place have any kind of managment. is just a private owner that own this building and rent the rooms.

the airbnb booking recipt is ok for the jomtien immigration?

I suspect they may have somebody that handles things at the building. It may be a apartment building that has learned about using airbnb.

The receipt should be good enough.

28 minutes ago, sustanon said:

good, thanks. ;)

another question

if I want to go see a friend in another city in thailand and stay in her familys home, what i have to do?

what documents i need to take in immigration? the id of the owner of the house?

You don’t need to do anything.

According to the law the owner, house-master, or possessor of the property is supposed to report your stay at their property, but in practice you/they don’t need to report that stay if it’s a short visit. Immigration are highly unlikely to be making spot checks of homes looking for foreigners.

10 minutes ago, sustanon said:

i dont know yet if is a a short visit or maybe i will do the extension  after 2 months in that city,

what documents they need? the id is enough?

Depends on the office. But a copy of the owners ID and Tabien Baan (house registration book) are usually the documents asked for.

I go with TM30 form.passport and copies face and visa pages.  Electric bill showing address and act as housemaster. 

Do it yourself and get a receipt in your passport.  Go everytime you are away from your residence or first come in. The only way to be certain 100pc. Worst case is they will tell you not needed. If owner says they did it make sure you get receipt. 

2 hours ago, JanPeder said:

My wife rent out house for 6 month what is your advice för her to do?

By the letter of the law she should submit a TM.30 report to immigration if renting to a foreigner, however, not all offices enforce this law.

If the local office do enforce the law she could be fined up to 2,000 baht if it’s not done.

4 hours ago, JanPeder said:

My wife rent out house for 6 month what is your advice för her to do?

Do the first report yourself.  set the date so it's within 48hrs so you don't get fined. After that,  let the Tennant know they are the house master and if they don't report they may be fined. 

Good luck. 

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

Do the first report yourself.  set the date so it's within 48hrs so you don't get fined. After that,  let the Tennant know they are the house master and if they don't report they may be fined. 

Good luck. 

The tennant is not the 'house-master' unless they are named as the house-master in the properties Tabian Baan, which they won't be. They could be classed as the 'Possessor' of the property. Some offices might accept a report from them in the capacity of Possessor, but in that case would probably insist on a copy of the owners Tabian Baan and ID.