What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Peaky Blinders...Gypsies?

I have been a fan of this series from the beginning, but there's one thing I don't understand. The Shelby crew are referred to as "Gypsies", but I don't see how or why. Shelby is not a "Roma" (true designation for so-called Gypsy people) name, and none of the family except for perhaps Polly, (Helen McRory) have the exotic dark good looks of the classic Roma people.

I became acquainted with a Roma clan in Portland, OR, and they were great folks. They love to have big family gatherings, eating, drinking and singing. They are very musical people. The Shelbys don't fit the profile. What am I missing?

..Not easy,I remember them in Lisbon as a Kid. Thieving scum they were too ,but the French ones were happy and not steal.Faces different to..that all I know about it

Well i just wrapped up the second season of Gomorra La Serie....and this has to be the best mafia story ever.

Season 2 had a mindblowing ending and great set up for the next season

Brutal and very very realitic.

10/10.

• Like 1

Went to the cinema and saw 'if cats disappeared from the world'

ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS FILM , not quite up to my Japanese all time fav 'departures' but not far short. a. Well told well balanced, thought provoking emotional roller coaster.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Just saw an advert for Fox that says Billions premieres on July 7th.

I take it that's season 2[emoji1303]

That would be great. But I cannot really believe it. Season 1 ended in April and a break of just three months between two seasons seems rather short. And it it runs on Showtime, not on Fox. But again, it would be great.

• Like 1

The glastonbury festival 2016 starts on this Wednesday 22nd June. Does anyone know where I can stream this event live?

Is not not usually on UK terrestrial TV? if so look no further than here filmon.com

Watching every game of the Euro's on there at the moment

Im loving atm;, ' new ish seasons of 'unreal' 'casual ' 'Silicone valley' 'orange is the new black' , liking 'turn' not liking 'preacher' great production but basicly seems a piss poor story, that doesn't particularly work in its current format. And can't be bothered with ' bloodline' got to episode 6 and just to slow, though when out of options may well return and just uninterested in game of thrones,, a shaky ish start but 'roadies' could develop,, but we will see. 'Hell on wheels' again the juries out

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I found the first episode of Ray Donovan on KAT. Haven't watched it yet.

Glastonbury - i remember watching Lionel Ritchie live from there last year on BBC2. He made a very rainy, dull day sunny!!

Have you noticed on Orange is the New Black that during the end credits they play a song that sort of sums up the episode you have just seen?

I am trying not to binge watch it, 2 episodes a day. But they are signed up for another three, so that will be good.

Love Child is an Australian series, which i have mentioned here before, about an unmarried girls hostel in Sydney during the sixties.

The third season has just started.

• Like 2

Caught a new Franco/Lao/canadian/Thai film called River.

So-so.

And another thai one in turned off after 15 minute….Cemetery of Splendour…maybe someone who can sit throughout it will tell me if I made a serious mistake.