What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I would like to see again:

Northern Exposure (with original soundtrack)

Tour of Duty (with original soundtrack)

Hogan's Heroes

Cheers

Gilligans Island

Maverick (1st and 2nd time around with James Garner as Maverick)

Hope this is not a misdemeanor posting what I would like to watch now.

http://www.sidereel.com/profile/bigbill947

I find Sidereel great site to keep track of shows your watching ,

also a good place to find out what's New Coming up !

Here are some links to Sites for Watching TV Shows & Movies !

http://watchseries.lt/Watch

http://delishows.to/

http://www.movie1k.ag/category/tv-show/

This one is all kind of Sports & TV too!

http://www.vipleague.se/

You need to figure out what Buttons to push & a good Anti Virus n Malware program

That will stop some sites from trying to upload something , not necessarily bad stuff....

but better safe then sorry ! If I can figure it out , most of u should be able to......

Why I call the Computer my Confuser!

post-35854-0-01144300-1410331121_thumb.j

• Like 2

I would like to see again:

Northern Exposure (with original soundtrack)

Tour of Duty (with original soundtrack)

Hogan's Heroes

Cheers

Gilligans Island

Maverick (1st and 2nd time around with James Garner as Maverick)

Hope this is not a misdemeanor posting what I would like to watch now.

I'm doing Twin Peaks again.

Playhouse 90 (Great live drama showcase from the 50's.)

Tonight Show with Steve Allen, Jack Paar

You Are There (Historical events re-created, with TV reporters on hand to interview participants...Napoleon, Nelson, etc.)

GE College Bowl (Makes Jeopardy look like Ding Dong School)

Highway Patrol ("Ya know, the clowns in the circus, they're real funny. On the highway, they're murder!"--Broderick Crawford)

I Led 3 Lives ("Citizen, Communist, Counterspy!" Unintended hilarity from the Cold War.)

Soupy Sales Show

Ernie Kovaks show

Watergate Hearings

Senate Labor Rackets Committee Hearings (1958-59) Kennedy Brothers getting face time prior to run for Pres.

Red Skelton Show

Adventures of Dobie Gillis

Love that Bob (Learn from Robert Cummings how to be a rat with women, 1950's style.)

Private Secretary with Ann Sothern (The original Mad men.)

William F. Buckley Show

Dick Cavett Show

Movie newsreels (Pathe, etc) from 1930's-1960's)

Old Prizefights...Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, etc.

Old NFL games, Old NBA Games, complete with commercials.

Outrageous old commercials endorsing smoking, idolizing family and motherhood, etc.

Ain't Them Bodies Saints (???)

Just squirmed around in my chair in agony, for what seemed like many hours, watching an artful concoction called Ain't Them Bodies Saints. If you're a big fan of Terrence Malick films, and like long shots of wheat fields, abandoned farms, old pickups rolling down dusty roads, dimly lit interiors, mumbling actors, minimal or non-existent "story", well, you might like this one. I remember promising myself I would never watch another film featuring Casey Affleck, after Gone Baby Gone and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, but apparently I forgot. That won't happen again.

I like to support the low budget indie films, but this...words fail me. I admit, I have lost patience for films that require too much cerebral groping on my part. But this... guy goes to prison, pines for his pregnant small town girlfriend, escapes, comes back, hangs out right under the noses of the hayseed cops. In a town so small that any new face in town gets written up in the local paper as a major event. And waits. And gets hunted by a motley crew of bounty hunters, that look like they specialize in mechanical bull riding. etc etc. Don't worry, there's much more, adding up to very little. But you might like it. Casey Affleck gets my George Peppard Memorial Trophy for this week. I have more things to watch, and a worse actor might eventually pop up, but nobody is going to top him any time soon.

4/10

• Like 1

The first episode of SOA for the last season was too dark for me and I never had that problem last year, which was pretty dark. That won't stop me from watching it though.

SPOILER:

They made a big goof in this episode. There is NO WAY that Jax would have tortured the man to death, that he thought killed his wife, without taking the gag out of his mouth and asking him who ordered him to do it and why?

Just watched the first episode of "Blackish". It was, hm, yeah, well... I don't know, it is a 20-minute-format but it does not play in the league of "The Mindy Project" or "New Girl" or "Welcome to Sweden" or "Modern Family" or "In the Middle". They tried to ironically exaggerate both the sides, "I don't see color" and "I am proud to be black", but it seemed more like forced fun to me. I cannot say that I completely disliked the show but it was not enough to be enthusiastic about it. I will probably give it two or three more episodes before I dump it. I hope for more, "The Mindy Project" and "New Girl" became a lot better only after their first episode. Perhaps "Blackish" can turn it around, too.

Edited by jope
  • Like 2

Masters of Sex:

I am two episodes short of up to date on this saga. (currently s02 e09). It's hard to watch sometimes because it puts on display the societal attitudes of the American Middle Class (remember them?) in the very recent past, concerning sex, homosexuality, race, and class. This is some great and truthful writing.

Michael Sheen is so good, playing a man so rigid and self-righteous he could snap at any time, and yet, every so often he displays real humanity. Lizzy Caplan is his polar opposite, warm and friendly, and yet, she has some parts missing, too. Great ensemble cast in a quality production. Can't see it lasting more than a few more episodes, as at this point they are not far off from publishing their revolutionary study, and becoming famous.

• Like 1

His comment made me go back and download year 4 of Wiseguy, which I never saw. I loved the first 3 years, but the star walked out and Steven Bauer too over for the last year. I've always wondered how it went as that was my first year living in Thailand full time and it was impossible to watch it from over here. I'm afraid that it might be too old fashioned now, but I am going to give it a try.

The Bridge s02 e10

No Spoilers. Things are really coming to a head now! I was sure things had fallen out a certain way after a violent event in a recent episode, but this chapter showed me how wrong one can be. Clever writers.

I hope they don't kill off Fausto. The man really shows a lot of grit, and works great under pressure. Somebody's gonna get hurt real bad. There are several deserving candidates.

• Like 1

Z Nation (Zombie Nation)

New Tv series, first episode just out.

3 years after the zombie apocalypse, blah, blah,

It is on the Sy Fy network. I don't think they have a good track record, but will give it a try anyway.

I enjoyed the first episode of Z Nation.

It doesn't have the same polish as Walking Dead, but it also thankfully lacks a lot the sentimentality of Walking Dead. Lots of killing, a few rookie mistakes I wouldn't expect from third year survivor, a couple of B grade actors, but still enjoyable enough.

Looking forward to seeing where it goes. Down the serious route, or down the route laced with humor.

• Like 1

Z Nation (Zombie Nation)

New Tv series, first episode just out.

3 years after the zombie apocalypse, blah, blah,

It is on the Sy Fy network. I don't think they have a good track record, but will give it a try anyway.

I enjoyed the first episode of Z Nation.

It doesn't have the same polish as Walking Dead, but it also thankfully lacks a lot the sentimentality of Walking Dead. Lots of killing, a few rookie mistakes I wouldn't expect from third year survivor, a couple of B grade actors, but still enjoyable enough.

Looking forward to seeing where it goes. Down the serious route, or down the route laced with humor.

Yep, it was OK,

Love the way the girls, surrounded by bitey monsters, dress in short shorts and a crop top.

You'd think she would want to cover up a bit more.

I'd be wearing kevlar biker gear and gloves, but what do I know!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

Yep, it was OK,

Love the way the girls, surrounded by bitey monsters, dress in short shorts and a crop top.

You'd think she would want to cover up a bit more.

I'd be wearing kevlar biker gear and gloves, but what do I know!

Totally agree. A neck guard would go a long also.

At least these Zombies are fast moving, which opens up more options.

Not sure I liked the Little Chucky scene in Ep 1

• Like 1

Watched Godzilla 2014. Huge epic F...ailure. They tried to do their best, but in spite of great special effects, global annihilation, and other fun stuff, it was just ok, watchable for a time waster, best seen on a really big theatre screen, but ok. I mainly downloaded it because of Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston, but he didn't last long with those big monsters.

• Like 1

Last night ,i treated the wife to The wizard of oz she loved it ,and so did i ,first saw it when i was very young my mum and dad took me to the pictures for the first time ,even then the movie was about 12 years old ,i,me still in love with Dorothy.wub.png

• Like 1

I used to love The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid. It was on TV every year and the whole family gathered around the television and watched. I don't know if it would appeal to children today - it might be too dated - but what a marvelous film for its time.

The series of books by L. Frank Baum were really good too, but much different from the movie and written about 1900. Those novels were what turned me into a bookworm at a young age.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

There was a short article in today's Guardian, recalling the filmed version of David Mamet's play, "Glengarry Glen Ross", about a bunch of cold calling salesmen in a shabby realty office. I watched the first time years ago, in a period when I was hating my job. After I watched this movie, I decided my job was pretty good! The movie managed to assemble the greatest all male cast of actors in any film any time. Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, Alec Baldwin, Al Pacino, Jonathan Pryce. Al Pacino's masterful spiel of BS in the bar, selling his crappy product to Pryce getting me howling every time I see it. Even better is the tag team Lemmon and Pacino throw on the mark (Pryce) the next day, to make sure the deal doesn't unwind.

Jack Lemmon's portrayal of old pro saleman Shelley "The Machine" Levine is a perfect portrayal of a desperate old man. Every character represents a "type", and they all get to strut their acting stuff. Alec Baldwin's "motivational speech" to the guys ranks right up there with the opening speech from Patton. "You don't get coffee, coffee is for CLOSERS!" or, "We're having a sales contest. Winner gets a Cadillac, Second Place gets a set of steak knives, third prize YOU'RE FIRED!"

This is a movie you either love or hate. My ex-wife hated it, she thought it showed men at their (realistic!) worst. I love it. It's in my permanent collection.

11/10...All Time Classic

• Like 2

Thinking about one great film with an all star ensemble cast made me recall another one I liked a lot..."That Championship Season", the original 1982 production, not the later made for tv remake. It's another filmed play, which some people can't abide in a film. It got a low rating on IMDB, but so what. I know one thing--this is NOT a film most women would like at all. They are discussed a great deal in the film, but never seen.

It's the 24th annual get-together of the state championship (Scranton PA) basketball team, at the home of coach Bob Mitchum. That's right, Badass Bob himself. Four of the starting five are in attendance: Bruce Dern (one of my favorite actors) who is now the Mayor of Scranton, worried about his re-election chances; Martin Sheen, who has turned into a local drunk, Paul Sorvino, now a bigshot local developer, and Stacy Keach, now a high school principal. The fifth man never shows up, due apparently to some intentional foul the coach had him or another teammate throw in the game. Win at any cost. His absence casts a long shadow over the proceedings.

The play won a Pulitzer prize, and here the guys all get to shine, as happens in most plays. I once lived in a small town where they were still talking about their "trip to the State Finals in '55," in Kentucky, where basketball is King. The star guard had turned into a drunk, still wearing his varsity jacket and living at the pool hall. None of the other players had achieved any distinction on the college teams that had awarded them scholarships. My ex-high school in California has a very active website where mostly the people who were "stars" back then still want to write about their glory days, and refuse to discuss what is happening in their lives today.

A forgotten classic, largely unseen. My vote: 8/10

• Like 2

Thinking about Robert Mitchum caused me to go to the vault and get out a copy of Out of the Past, one of the top Film Noir(s) of all time. Jane Greer is absolutely over the top as maybe the greatest femme fatale ever. I know, you can find lots of examples of evil ladies in today's films (I think immediately of Franka Potente as Eleanor in The Bridge), but they don't usually have the extra dimension of elegance and grace that Greer brings to this role. You know she's no good, and being with her is bound to get you killed, but as Mitchum says, "Baby, I don't care!"

Kathleen Turner came pretty close to this level in Body Heat, but that's all I can think of.

Just finished a new Jimmy McGovern drama called Common.

IMDB: Jimmy McGovern's gritty drama stars Nico Mirallegro as guileless 17 year old Johnjo O'Shea,

who goes from innocent bystander to accessory to premeditated murder after giving a few friends a lift.

Not as dark or gritty as some of his other work, but I still enjoyed this one.

A solid 7.5 from me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LQIQ9YQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1GQGRX46YMHZDNSJRX6M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Not watching yet, but I've heard The Knick with Clive Owen is good and the first series started August 8th.

Appreciate feedback if anyone is watching.

Medical drama set in the 1900s charts the exploits of the staff and patients at a New York hospital, where they try to maintain their reputation for quality care while struggling to keep the doors open

Not watching yet, but I've heard The Knick with Clive Owen is good and the first series started August 8th.

Appreciate feedback if anyone is watching.

Medical drama set in the 1900s charts the exploits of the staff and patients at a New York hospital, where they try to maintain their reputation for quality care while struggling to keep the doors open

I enjoy it.

Just watched episode 5 last night.

Maybe have a look at episode 1 first and

see if it's your cup of Lipton's.

• Like 1