Advice needed please

Afternoon,

My ex and I are looking to get divorce signed in Bang Rak district office same place where we were married 8 years ago
We are both agreed on this (uncontested)

There’s some conflicting info on what’s required:
Marriage Certificate,Passports, ID cards, tabien bahn.

Seems fairly straight forward however I’ve ready that I may be required to go to the MFA and get my passport certified and then translated before we can proceed, if so please can you help with the exact procedure so I can do myself as I only have a day and a half to organise this?

Any info on these please would be greatly appreciated please as I have read so many conflicting posts on it.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Much appreciated

I've watched a divorce and it seems that both your and your wife's marriage certificates are required your passport, her ID and the housebook. I did not see any other documents. If you registered the marriage at the Embassy then you will need a certified translation of the Tambon divorce papers to unregister the marriage in due course in the UK.

Edited by JusticeGB
bad grammar

At the Amphur at Udon Thani in Feb. 2018 they required house book, ID cards and a copy of my Australian Passport translated into Thai. I am not sure if an uncontested divorce is recognised by the Australian and other countries. Whoops almost forgot about marriage certificate.

Edited by wokkawombat

16 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

I am not getting divorced but just out of curiosity ?

I have only one marriage certificate. What happens then in the same situation? Married forever? ?

Just go to a police station and file a loss report. That loss report is required by the Umphur to issue you a certified copy of the marriage paperwork. They won't issue another marriage certificate. The certified copies are recognized in the law courts in place of the wedding certificate.

I recommend you ask for a number of certified copies of the paperwork as they are a minimal cost and could come in handy in the future.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

take every doco you can think of, just in case.

Good advice. 

You shoukd take some money too. When I went, they found a problem, my lawyer(who put all my documents together)had never heard of the problem. They said they could not process the document. Then she stared at me, I knew what was going on. I asked how much? She passed me a brown envelope and told me to go outside, put 7000baht inside and then come back in. I had been running around for 2 days so I was happy and willing.

I gave her the envelope and she stamped the divorce certificate.

Job done. 

You got to admire them in some ways.

Mine was a few years ago now, only hiccup I had was that I needed two Thai witnesses who knew both of us. My taxi driver and the coffee cart guy new us long time for 200 baht each, less than an hour and had the divorce documents.

I have divorced half a year ago in my ex-wife's Amphur, not the same where we married. They ask for both marriage certificates,  my passport, here ID or passport, and two witnesses. Take about half an hour.

4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

I've watched a divorce and it seems that both your and your wife's marriage certificates are required your passport, her ID and the housebook. I did not see any other documents. If you registered the marriage at the Embassy then you will need a certified translation of the Tambon divorce papers to unregister the marriage in due course in the UK.

My ex and I were the same and just the above documents were required. I also had a  a letter of certification for my passport and it was examined but not retained. However, for us, the final 'straight' was a chat with the head of dept. who examined the signed dept. form and asked questions to ensure we both understood, including, and I emphasize, an agreed alimony. This, according to the form, had a term of a minimum two years. It possible that each province has its own ideas on this or perhaps it is standard...I do not not know. But I suggest the OP takes it into consideration if he has not already done so. Of course the danger here is, that if this point has NOT been considered by the OP (or wife also) then the mere mention of it may, how can I say it, produce 'unfortunate' difficulties (?). Anyway, best of luck to the OP and I hope the divorce remains amicable.

1 hour ago, britishrepublican said:

Good advice. 

You shoukd take some money too. When I went, they found a problem, my lawyer(who put all my documents together)had never heard of the problem. They said they could not process the document. Then she stared at me, I knew what was going on. I asked how much? She passed me a brown envelope and told me to go outside, put 7000baht inside and then come back in. I had been running around for 2 days so I was happy and willing.

Job done. 

She should be jailed. SCUM 

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, britishrepublican said:

Good advice. 

Job done. 

Your lawyer was present during this exchange? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, tryasimight said:

?????? And yet you did 

......give it up mate you sound silly now. 

To accept being extorted in the company of your lawyer. Use that brain get with the program..i to busy for nonsense with trolls