NON- B For teachers in Savannakhet

Thank you for this info. One of my friends told me that I don't need to have a police clearance when getting a Non-B visa in Savannakhet. He knew that because he got his Non-B there last year September. Have you also heard that to others? 

Thank you

2 minutes ago, fifie said:

Have you also heard that to others? 

No not recently.

What grade was he teaching?

3 minutes ago, fifie said:

and how long does it take to get the approval letter from the Ministry of Education?

I assume not very long. Perhaps ask the school about it.

2 minutes ago, fifie said:

Their agency provided all the necessary documents. All teachers under their agency didn't have the police clearance with them

September was a long time ago. If you want to try without it you can.

33 minutes ago, fifie said:

My visa is still Non-B visa from my previous school. It will be expired on June 30. On June 27 I am planning to get my Non-B visa in Savannakhet. Will I be worried about this? 

I personally would not try getting one without the police clearance. Not sure you would be able to get one soon enough to do it though. 

On 6/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is no up to date list on their website.

There requirements are the same as Vientiane. See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B teacher.pdf

Be certain to bring ORIGINALS of the

"Letter on school letterhead
stating that the applicant has been
hired for
teaching."
AND
" Approval letter from Ministry of Education "
I was turned back as was a Filipino gentleman in front of me because the school gave us copies of both (we were not from same school).  Schools do this when there are multiple teachers hired at the same time and instead of making an original letter for each, they make copies and mark them as such so that only one teacher has an original letter. THE CONSULATE will NOT ACCEPT COPIES OF THESE. They must be original or you will be sent back for originals.
Joe, do you know if I will be able to use my 30 day Laos visa to re-enter or will I have to buy a new one even if still in the 30 day window? I did not think about this at the time,  as I was just in a hurry to get back and not loose more time. I did not ask at the crossing... any idea?

*Not sure about the police clearance letter as I did have it but never had that conversation *

10 minutes ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

Joe, do you know if I will be able to use my 30 day Laos visa to re-enter or will I have to buy a new one even if still in the 30 day window? I did not think about this at the time,  as I was just in a hurry to get back and not loose more time. I did not ask at the crossing... any idea?

You will have to get a new Lao visa on arrival. They are only valid for one entry.