Blender O Rings / Gaskets

turgid

I have a 4184 Braun Blender missing an O Ring (gasket) .  Braun service in asia is appalling and the replacement part from the US was  250 Baht plus 1700 Baht shipping so i long ago bought a new blender for immediate blending fulfillment and less than the 2000 Baht plus delay plus customs  it would have cost me .

However i went to finally throw it away yesterday and was told off for not trying hard enough,  starving kids in Africa would eat that blender etc.  In other words her mum wants it. 

Anyone know where i can examine and buy blender O Rings  ? Its always seemed like the kind of item that should be fairly generic but i've  never seen it.

Its 80mm diameter to the outer edge and 70mm diameter to the inner if anyone fancies measuring their own blender  for compatibilty.

I live near a small market town south of Khon Kaen, one of the electrical dealers there was able to supply me an 'O' ring for my blender, a Sharp EM Ice-Power, cost 40 baht.   In the past they even took one from a new display model then ordered for stock.

Perhaps if you know someone in the US they could buy and post to you.

Found the below website, may be of use.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/braun-4184-blender-parts-c-120570_120571_120583.html

Good luck

From your description of the part, it sounds like you need a gasket...not an O-ring.  

I would find an old motorbike tire inner tube and just cut one. I would use the bottom of the blenders pitcher or an appropriate size jar to mark a circle (or use as a template) and cut it with a razor blade or VERY sharp pocket knife.

Here you have to be resourceful & do for yourself as customer service is an English phrase that all Thai's do not know & do not want to know.

Edited by Tagaa