The Kinks are getting back together... for a drink at least

webfact

The Kinks are getting back together... for a drink at least

videosc.jpg

video screenshot

Sir Ray Davies, the singer-songwriter and creative powerhouse behind the iconic London band has told Channel 4 news The Kinks are getting back together to make a new record... after they've had a pint that is.

Sir Ray said he was "inspired by The Rolling Stones".

The band recorded some of the most famous songs of the 1960s and 70s, including You Really Got me and Waterloo Sunset.

Full story: BBC

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-06-27

I remember Ray Davis and his brother used to live in the next street to my girlfriend back in the 60s they were just starting to get famous ,used to see him walking up the street and we used to say hello , those were the days when people who lived near each other  were friendly and knew other locals . my how times have changed. I doubt half the people living there now even speak the same language .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I remember Ray Davis and his brother used to live in the next street to my girlfriend back in the 60s they were just starting to get famous ,used to see him walking up the street and we used to say hello , those were the days when people who lived near each other  were friendly and knew other locals . my how times have changed. I doubt half the people living there now even speak the same language .

What Muswell Hill? Very genteel these days. Starbucks and Waitrose. Might be out of your price bracket. Over a million and a half pounds for the semi-detached des res. now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SheungWan said:

What Muswell Hill? Very genteel these days. Starbucks and Waitrose. Might be out of your price bracket. Over a million and a half pounds for the semi-detached des res. now.

Yes i used to live in N,Finchley,the house i used to live in would now be worth well over a million if they had not built a block of flats on the plot ,also remember if i missed my last bus i would have to walk home , God what a long walk that was ,

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes i used to live in N,Finchley,the house i used to live in would now be worth well over a million if they had not built a block of flats on the plot ,also remember if i missed my last bus i would have to walk home , God what a long walk that was ,

I bet there are a lot of us who look back at house prices in the smoke and say  " If only ".

My mother asked after my Granddad died if I would like his house in Tulse hill , no I said I had just bought a house in a place called Reigate for 6800 quid ( 1976 ).   10 years later the M25 arrived and we sold it for 54,000 quid. I wonder what the house would of sold for in Tulse Hill .

12 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I bet there are a lot of us who look back at house prices in the smoke and say  " If only ".

My mother asked after my Granddad died if I would like his house in Tulse hill , no I said I had just bought a house in a place called Reigate for 6800 quid ( 1976 ).   10 years later the M25 arrived and we sold it for 54,000 quid. I wonder what the house would of sold for in Tulse Hill .

If only my first two wives had not taken so much of what i worked hard to build up ,i would have owned a house worth well over a million pounds , but then i would not have met my now wife ,we sold our home in the UK when we came back to live here and i bet i would not have been half as happy as i am now .

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, bert bloggs said:

If only my first two wives had not taken so much of what i worked hard to build up ,i would have owned a house worth well over a million pounds , but then i would not have met my now wife ,we sold our home in the UK when we came back to live here and i bet i would not have been half as happy as i am now .

You might still be miserable but not as much as.......anyway, I have a mate who remains in Muswell Hill, but the value of it somewhat irrelevant as he has no intention of downsizing and travelling to the Far East which some of us have done. Locked in his routine. One point to be made about this thread is that there is no more sign of the old Kinks Muswell Hill which was bit of a grubby bed-sit land. Still pockets of down-at-heel but that's it. Finchley appears grey to me and doesn't change all that much, so you are well out of it. When I am back in London the outer zones just seem like strange places to me now. I don't dream of the Finchley High Road. I do however go for an imaginary stroll down Sukhumvit or Beach Road. The friend doesn't get it. And PS, we all know it was Dave's fault with the Kinks as it was Lennon's fault with the Beetles. The Stones were better at keeping the show on the road.

Edited by SheungWan