No taxi mafia in Chiang Mai, says media - but things may get worse with "Jet Car"

rooster59

21 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I can't work out the blue busses.  Last time I was told it was going to central festival by the staff, got on.  Then told to get off as it was not going there, then get on the one behind. Only to be told that was not going there either.  Told to wait 30 minutes till next buss (in the full sun with no seats or shade).  So got a red songtaew that was passing by for 30 baht instead.

Sounds like an unpleasant experience. When was that?

It's new since April, I'm sure they've had kinks to work out.

Fwiw they haven't deviated from the map or destination marker whenever I've ridden.

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/chiang-mai-welcomes-new-smart-bus-route/

7 hours ago, BangkokBaksida said:

Many times over the years, I considered moving to Chiang Mai.  The total lack of a rational public transport system prevented me from doing so.  I suspect I'm not the only person who avoids living in Chiang Mai for this reason.  That can't be good for a city.

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed when I moved to cm. In some places you can wait for taxi for 30 minutes... Now with grab it's much better as long as you have a smartphone with good internet.