Study: Men's Perspiration Boosts Sexual Arousal In Women

fxm88

A chemical in male sweat can boost mood, brain activity and sexual arousal in heterosexual women, according to a new study released just in time for Valentine's Day.

The study offers the first direct evidence that humans secrete a scent that can affect the physiology of the opposite sex, said researchers at the University of California, Berkeley. Their findings were published this week in The Journal of Neuroscience.

"This is the first time anyone has demonstrated that a change in women's hormonal levels is induced by sniffing an identified compound of male sweat," said study leader Claire Wyart, a postdoctoral fellow at UC Berkeley. "There is much more going on than we think when we are smelling body odor."

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../n140520S56.DTL

What kind of sweat? Fresh, athletic "I've just got back from doing some hard manual work, or doing something incredibly athletic", OK, I can see that. But "I just can't be bothered to wash too often & yes that is the aftermath of a skinful of beer & last night's curry you can smell the undertones of"?? :D:D:o

well said November rain. I don't mind the 'clean' sweaty smell of a man (or woman), but the can't be arsed to wash myself smell is revolting (particualry if combined with the subtle underaroma of urine and cheesy rim!) Now I've made myself feel ever so slightly bilious :o

well said November rain. I don't mind the 'clean' sweaty smell of a man (or woman), but the can't be arsed to wash myself smell is revolting (particualry if combined with the subtle underaroma of urine and cheesy rim!) Now I've made myself feel ever so slightly bilious :o

Me too

In retaliation I offer you ladies who smell of cat food :D

To all ladies here.

Please come to my house.

You will be blindfolded and then be exposed to my body scent.

If you feel aroused we will then regiister that in a database.

If you really feel like it, then whe could consider having physical contact.

When you are smelling me just imagine a young 25 year old atlethic build blue eyed, blond hair male with a six pack.

:o

To all ladies here.

Please come to my house.

When you are smelling me just imagine a young 25 year old atlethic build blue eyed, blond hair male with a six pack.

get outta here alex...yer avatar sez that old ladies look at yer weener an' run laughin'... :D

To all ladies here.

Please come to my house.

get outta here alex...yer avatar sez that old ladies look at yer weener an' run laughin'... :D

You think two Inch is nor good enough?

:D

I wondered what it was that made so many young attractive Thai ladies find so many overweight, follicle-challenged, sweating caucasians so attractive in the lower Sukhumvit area... :o

Its not the "pheremones" its the ol "purple pursuader" ie; 500 baht, that does the trick..

I suppose the reason herself announces "ap nam" as she

turns off the TV and relieves you of your beer is because

she is urgently horny and fears a request to run six laps

round the block and get really sweaty is unlikely to be

complied with.