Foreign exchange

Bucko

Sawadee people --as I have only ever used T.T exchange -and others in Patts to get Thai baht---can I get another currency -i-e Philippine Peso --I will need some "Landing Funds" as I get in late and prefer not to use Airport FX- -or is that a bank only transaction ?-- :jap:

If they have it (doubtful) they will probably sell it to you but that's not a very cost-effective way to do things, better to wait until you arrive in the PI and exchange at the airport, there's plenty of places to do that. Alternatively, take some USD which is easily obtainable almost anywhere in Thailand and is easily exchanged anywhere in the PI.

• Thanks 1

just one more simoh--how about changing back any leftover pesos that is of any worth --into Thai Baht -- for my final week in Patts before heading home ????  --change in P.I or Thailand ??---thanks again.

Super rich exchanges in the basement of the Airport where you take the trains to Bangkok has better rates than bank, almost the same as most Pattaya rates that's always worse than Bangkok

albeit the rate in Super Rich in Bangkok is better still.

2 hours ago, Bucko said:

just one more simoh--how about changing back any leftover pesos that is of any worth --into Thai Baht -- for my final week in Patts before heading home ????  --change in P.I or Thailand ??---thanks again.

Exchanging your leftover Peso's for Thai Baht, in Thailand, makes sense, it's the reverse of the outbound exchange problem of availability of the currency you want to buy - from experience some years ago the exchange rate in Thailand for PI pesos was quite decent.  Note: if Super Rich Thailand has PI Peso's that might be an option for you but again, it will be a question of availability. You could also check online for the exchange rate of THB to PI Peso at PI mainland banks beforehand so that when you approach Super Rich on your way out you would know if the rate is any good. See below a link to the forex page of BDO Unibank Manilla, the largest bank in the PI, the page shows the exchange rates against various countries including the Buy and Sell rates for THB against PI Peso's, note that they mention the issue of availability of the currency you want to buy.

https://www.bdo.com.ph/mobile/forex

Edited by simoh1490
  • Thanks 1