Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by train

torrow

2 hours ago, torrow said:

Hi, I want to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by train. There have been changes over the last few years and it's difficult to find up to date info. Many suggest taking the bus instead.

A few changes for the better. I've done that run a few times over the years and they certainly put Thai railways to shame.

I don't understand why anyone would suggest going by bus.

Edited by Moonlover
Additional paragraph
  • Like 1

I did it about 30 years ago and enjoyed it. At that time you could buy a weekly or fortnightly ticket that allowed many stops, so we stopped several times and took the bus to various places for overnight stays. The highlands areas were particularly nice. The whole trip from Singapore to Penang and back again was great.

Edited by KittenKong
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ponlamai said:

Make sure you try to get the overnight sleeper car, it's dirt cheap and wonderfully cool and comfy.

I think you got it wrong. There are no sleepers on that section since it's a very short journey. I believe the new train service takes about five hours or less.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:34 PM, Moonlover said:

A few changes for the better. I've done that run a few times over the years and they certainly put Thai railways to shame.

I don't understand why anyone would suggest going by bus.

Train is nice, but the bus is so much faster.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, lemonjelly said:

https://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I've just had a read of this site and it seems there are a lot more changes since I last did the trip.

As far as the O/P is concerned, the most important being that there are no more direct trains from Singapore to KL trains. Very sad.

You now have to bus it to Johor Bahru and then there are two connecting trains from there to KL. Personally, I would still take the train as I love that mode of transport, but it might make the O/P think again.

Whatever or however enjoy the trip.

ML

• Like 1

I believe that Emirates has recently changed it's upgrade policy. Now they will give preference to the higher priced economy class tickets (Flex Pus over Flex and Saver).

This means than regular fliers in Saver economy will get less opportunity for an upgrade compared to the occasional Flex Plus traveller.

2 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I believe that Emirates has recently changed it's upgrade policy. Now they will give preference to the higher priced economy class tickets (Flex Pus over Flex and Saver).

This means than regular fliers in Saver economy will get less opportunity for an upgrade compared to the occasional Flex Plus traveller.

Since when is Emirates running trains between KL and S’pore (or did you put this in the wrong topic)?