Moving

monkeyofdoom

Hi, does anyone know of a cheap and good moving company that can come and box up a bedsit worth of stuff and drive it a few km to my new house? Any good experiences out there? What are the going rates?

Also, what alternatives are there, like getting boxes and just hiring a taxi or van or whatever?

Thanks!

Try NimExpress (NimSeeSeng). We recently used them for a move across town. Cost us 4500 baht for a single large truckload (2 bdrm home) with a five man crew. I believe the qoute for their medium size truck was 2000-2500 baht (which they would have used if the large truck could not fit in our soi).

This did not include any boxes or packing. We bought a few large boxes at one of the shipping shops and packed them ourselves. Also, don't expect them to have tools if you need anything dismantled. Overall, we were pretty satisfied with the service.

They have a website but it's not very useful: http://www.nimseeseng.com/

Contact Tel: 053.442.074 or 084.177.5273

I used V Pack & Move. Efficient, polite, the owner speaks excellent English too.

Mr. Phongchai F. (Gm.)

V. Pack And Move Co.,Ltd.

Hangdong District, 65 Mu 8,

T. Nongkhaw, A. Hangdong, Chiangmai,

Tel : (053) 433554-6, Fax : (053) 441261

[email protected]

Try NimExpress (NimSeeSeng). We recently used them for a move across town. Cost us 4500 baht for a single large truckload (2 bdrm home) with a five man crew. I believe the qoute for their medium size truck was 2000-2500 baht (which they would have used if the large truck could not fit in our soi).

This did not include any boxes or packing. We bought a few large boxes at one of the shipping shops and packed them ourselves. Also, don't expect them to have tools if you need anything dismantled. Overall, we were pretty satisfied with the service.

They have a website but it's not very useful: http://www.nimseeseng.com/

Contact Tel: 053.442.074 or 084.177.5273

I drove around looking for folks with a large pick-up truck in their yard. When I found the model I liked I, asked how much to make 2 trips. I had already decided I was going to pay no more than 300 bt. per trip. Told the driver to bring two guys who would both receive 200 bt. Three trips, 15 kilometers, Truck loaded and unloaded. Total price 1,300 bt. Being able to stand around and direct, priceless.

Hi, does anyone know of a cheap and good moving company that can come and box up a bedsit worth of stuff and drive it a few km to my new house? Any good experiences out there? What are the going rates?

Also, what alternatives are there, like getting boxes and just hiring a taxi or van or whatever?

Thanks!

Boxes - we've haunted Tesco Lotus and asked if we could have some boxes (free) from items they were unloading. This was over a year ago. We will be shipping some things back this year and ran across a box & packing material supplier in Ban Tawai (south of the city). If you're interested, let me know and I'll try to pay attention to how to get there next time we go down there so I can give you directions. The boxes we bought were 45TB and 55TB.

Packing – we are using our housekeeper.

Movers – cross-town move – I think we paid around 2000TB as well. We have a very heavy teak desk so we needed someone who could bring in a team. Also, we’ve just asked people with trucks if they would help and how much.. I think we paid 250TB per trip a couple of years ago to move plants and miscellaneous things.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have a recommendation for a moving company that will travel to the south?

i've spoken with nimseeseng, but their smallest truck for that distance is much bigger than we need.

and a somewhat unrelated question....we'll be driving down too and were wondering if anyone could recommend a place to stop for the night (with two dogs!) on the the other side of bangkok?

You can hire 1 or 2 red pickup for 100-150 an hour .

When i move here from Singapore .

I hire about 6 guys from the local Labour district .

you got to go at about 7-8 am .. and select your Man power.

there will work 8 am till 5 pm .

you got to provide lunch .

price is about 200b per head .

find box yourself and hire those guy should save you alot