Steven Gerrad

soihok

Well ,not content with cheating to win a penalty in the first game of the season against Sheff U. He,s at it again.

I rated C. Ronaldo as the premierships no. 1 cheat ,,,but at looking at the reply of his latest farce its plain to see that the guy has no shame!

Incidently,,it probably was a penalty as Crouch got his head kicked in.

Well ,not content with cheating to win a penalty in the first game of the season against Sheff U. He,s at it again.

I rated C. Ronaldo as the premierships no. 1 cheat ,,,but at looking at the reply of his latest farce its plain to see that the guy has no shame!

Yeh well with having a connection with Singapore you know all too well about cheating in football so you must be right !!!!

Yeh well with having a connection with Singapore you know all too well about cheating in football so you must be right !!!!

What do you mean?

I know I spelt the Gits name wrong also....

If you,re referring to the Thai walk out,,prehaps Sheff U could do the same during the game?

Second penalty was clearly a penalty - there was contact.

The first one, Gerrard overdid the fall, was planning to do it, but the defender made it so so easy for him. The ref had warned him and was watching and he still held on. From the Grauniad report

"Replays suggested the intent was minimal as well as the contact and that Gerrard had used his experience to outwit a naive defender."

Edited by Tarragona

This is all part of the tactical plan lol

Incidently,,it probably was a penalty as Crouch got his head kicked in

:o:D :D

HES BIG HES HARD HE SCORES FROM FORTY YARDS STEVE GERRARD STEVE GERRARD !!!!!!!!

When you make contact with the opposing player in the in the box there is always a chance you will give away a peno. well done stevie g, rules are rules I didnt see any sheff united players arguing with the ref anyhow we battered them

Give me a break. Sheffield United were way outclassed. From the outset they did nothing positive, and were just trying to hold, shove, kick, tug, and rough their way through the match. They had no chance with their cowardly tactics. The 2nd penalty was clear. Gerrard was clear on goal and the defender grabbed his shoulder from behind firmly, and also a slow replay showed Gerrard probably fell because the defender clipped his foot and caused him to fall. The first one Gerrard was smart, and the defender was stupid. Even if he didn't fall down, which he didn't necessarily need to do, the defender had a clear arm around his front and holding on to the other side of his body. The referree was right there. Clear incompetence and surely deserved a penalty. It wouldn't have been one if the defender had just played honestly, but Sheffield clearly wasn't able to play that way on this day.

Give me a break. Sheffield United were way outclassed. From the outset they did nothing positive, and were just trying to hold, shove, kick, tug, and rough their way through the match. They had no chance with their cowardly tactics. The 2nd penalty was clear. Gerrard was clear on goal and the defender grabbed his shoulder from behind firmly, and also a slow replay showed Gerrard probably fell because the defender clipped his foot and caused him to fall. The first one Gerrard was smart, and the defender was stupid. Even if he didn't fall down, which he didn't necessarily need to do, the defender had a clear arm around his front and holding on to the other side of his body. The referree was right there. Clear incompetence and surely deserved a penalty. It wouldn't have been one if the defender had just played honestly, but Sheffield clearly wasn't able to play that way on this day. :D (septic alert)

Is that rant for real...!

I can't stand Scousers this close to match day but, one thing I know, not one of them has a stick that far up their arse.... :D

redrus

Certainly not but, I'd be very suprised if you knew anymore. :o

Oh, apart from the one you nicked off Celtic. :D

redrus

:D

I am not an armchair supporter had my season ticket for 20 something years upper centenary row 20 seat 129 bang on the half way line and it was never a free kick when the celts beat us

Give me a break. Sheffield United were way outclassed. From the outset they did nothing positive, and were just trying to hold, shove, kick, tug, and rough their way through the match. They had no chance with their cowardly tactics. The 2nd penalty was clear. Gerrard was clear on goal and the defender grabbed his shoulder from behind firmly, and also a slow replay showed Gerrard probably fell because the defender clipped his foot and caused him to fall. The first one Gerrard was smart, and the defender was stupid. Even if he didn't fall down, which he didn't necessarily need to do, the defender had a clear arm around his front and holding on to the other side of his body. The referree was right there. Clear incompetence and surely deserved a penalty. It wouldn't have been one if the defender had just played honestly, but Sheffield clearly wasn't able to play that way on this day. :D (septic alert)

I can't stand Scousers this close to match day but, one thing I know, not one of them has a stick that far up their arse.... :D

redrus

You're ridiculous. Sheffield had no chance on this day. I've seen them play much better. 4 goals to nil? How could anyone complain about the moronic defenders not even attempting to hide their tactics? They have nobody to blaim but themselves.

It seems quite obvious, even to neutral observers. I don't know what your objection is, really.

:D :D :D

I can't stand Scousers this close to match day but, one thing I know, not one of them has a stick that far up their arse.... :bah:

redrus

You're ridiculous. Sheffield had no chance on this day. I've seen them play much better. 4 goals to nil? How could anyone complain about the moronic defenders not even attempting to hide their tactics? They have nobody to blaim but themselves.

It seems quite obvious, even to neutral observers. I don't know what your objection is, really.

A sad time it is when a football pro with the stance of the England captain ,has to resort to a tactic off a Brookside episode, rather than the skill of the football star he is,to allow his side in front. Sheff U were totally out classed in the game,no question.

The word <deleted> springs to mind. :o

Soihok, don't even bother mate....!

You're ridiculous. Sheffield had no chance on this day.

The above says it all. :o Do real people actually speak like that.... :D

redrus

redrus

I,d like to thank Man U for seeing off Liverpool.

It was a great game also,,,sad to see Scholes sent off.

Sorry to see the state of Crouch,s black eye

redrus

I,d like to thank Man U for seeing off Liverpool.

It was a great game also,,,sad to see Scholes sent off.

Sorry to see the state of Crouch,s black eye

I'd like to thank my voice, for holding out....!

redrus

Liverpool V Utd Good second half.

Liverpool were all over Utd - the shots on goal and corner tally say it all. Liverpool defended well too -until that final free kick.

It hurts as a Red scouser to say it, but ........

It's got to be Utd for the premiership. They didn't play particulary well and still managed to nick a goal - that's what championship winning sides do.

Thank you, Finnan, for giving away that free kick.

Spot, you're spot on (feel free to laugh). Man U. will have the title and deserve it. Give credit where it's due.

Clearly soihok and redrus are biased against Liverpool, so no use using reason. Ronaldo anyone? He'll dive in a 1 mph breeze. To quote, "The word <deleted> springs to mind". Hmmmmmmmm, eat that.

Actually, I quite enjoy watching Ronaldo except for when he dives and holds his face. Every player will use a little simulation to their advantage every now and then.

I still say the first penalty is deserved. The defender grabs Gerrard fully around the front of the body knowing the referre is two feet away and knowing the referee has his eyes directly on him. Like I said, you can't blame Gerrard, blame the ###### defender. Or better yet, blame the referre, he's the one who called the penalty. Ronaldo, Rooney, and Scholes lose their heads all the time. It's just the competitiveness of the game.

I just don't see how this penalty started this thread in the first place. There are thousands of worse penalties that have been given recently.

Yes, redrus, real people do speak that way. I didn't get the memo that certain words in the language are not to be used. I guess I'm not cool like you. Perhaps you could come take a look at my closet and inform me of the latest fashion so I don't look like an idiot in public.

soihok, At least I don't highlight text of your post and write, "septic alert." For goodness' sakes, grow up.

The first hint in that match that Sheffield was going to attempt and play German style was when one of the players took out Riise at the corner without even attempting at the ball.

Anyway, who really cares about any of this?

Edited by Jimjim

"The word <deleted> springs to mind".

Anyway, who really cares about any of this?

It does doesn't it. :o

You....!

I'm not bias against Liverpool, on match days I hate them, as they do me. With a venom that is incomprehensible to outsiders.

The first hint in that match that Sheffield was going to attempt and play German style

:D

Get over yourself, not literally of-course....!

redrus