Phuket Immigration Retirement Extension

This morning I called in  to find out what was appropriate paperwork evidence for 65K baht monthly income method to obtain a retirement extension. I use Transferwise and wanted to know if its receipts, plus UK bank statement and Kasikorn bank statements with a letter, would be acceptable.

I was informed, by a very friendly Volunteer, that currently Phuket Immigration was ONLY processing the 800K Baht method. They were still seeking clarification about what was acceptable for the 65K monthly income method.

I guess we will have to wait until something is posted before we know what is accptabgle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, argoscrete said:

I was informed, by a very friendly Volunteer, that currently Phuket Immigration was ONLY processing the 800K Baht method. They were still seeking clarification about what was acceptable for the 65K monthly income method.

This was announced about 21 December I believe, and the above phrase  precludes the use of Embassy letters, which should have had life until June 2019. So, nearly 2 months later, people from Phuket, who previously used income and Embassy letters, have pretty much had NOWHERE to go. There has not been time to season 800,000 baht unless you had it already!

Seems a pretty poor situation for them.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, argoscrete said:

This morning I called in  to find out what was appropriate paperwork evidence for 65K baht monthly income method to obtain a retirement extension. I use Transferwise and wanted to know if its receipts, plus UK bank statement and Kasikorn bank statements with a letter, would be acceptable.

Reports from other offices indicate you may need the "bank letter" which is used for the "money in the bank" letter, plus a bank-statement printed / stamped by your bank.  Some report the newly required "bank statement" must come from the Bank-HQ, and could take some time.

If your TW transfers do not show up as "foreign transfers" on that bank-statement, you could have a problem, unless your bank is willing to create a letter affirming that those were foreign-transfers.

All that aside, Phuket is often reported as troublesome, and may have decided not to allow any income-based extensions just because they feel like it - or because those who were going to use income and running out of time must now go to agents, who use the "money in the bank" method.

Anyone wanting to do an extension should start trying at least 30-days in advance, to deal with unexpected problems.

Edited by JackThompson

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Did u talk to the younger looking lady with blond hair, sorta European accent?
She told me on weds, that for the 65,000 method, it was up to the official if he would accept it or not.

great response...LOL

As I said before those volunteers should only be approached for a pen/paper. Ignore any "advice" offered 

• Like 2