Lottery fever after Bangkok woman gives birth at police station in a taxi!

rooster59

Lottery fever after Bangkok woman gives birth at police station in a taxi!

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPGSiBinZdnuliNLRSoMIfEgwTozj8.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Police and foundation rescue staff scrambled to buy lottery tickets after a woman gave birth in a taxi. 

Taxi driver Pratheep Manop said he picked up a woman aged about 25 - 30 from Pahonyothin Soi 48. 

She asked to be taken to Wipharam Pak Kret Hospital as she was about to give birth. 

But after going only a short distance the lady went into labor and Pratheep reckoned with the traffic situation he'd never make it to the hospital in time. 

So seeing a Ruam Katanyu rescue vehicle outside Bang Khen police station he pulled in to get help. 

Ruam Katanyu staff helped out initially before handing over the delivery duties to Khum Klao Foundation.

They delivered a healthy baby girl.

Following the birth police and foundation staff hotfooted it to lottery sellers to buy tickets with the number 981 - the registration of the taxi. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-09

2 minutes ago, scotinsiam said:

Will this number work on the next lottery or have I missed my chance already??????

...seems like they forgot to cut the cord in all the excitement of getting to the ticket stand...you will be ok.

33 minutes ago, scotinsiam said:

Will this number work on the next lottery or have I missed my chance already??????

I'm afraid you are too late, all "981" tickets has already gone – at least where I buy my mine...????