Dermatologist Recommendations in Phuket

gwanoy

Hello,
Can anyone give a recommendation for a dermatologist they or a family member have used?
Something close to Kamala would be be ideal but is not a major consideration.
Thank you.

Thanks. I have been looking while limiting my searches for offices with reviews. Not any closer than 20km. My daughter is limited to using her motorbike and taxi's so I wanted to find something closer to her apartment.

If it is only vanity or beauty related there are lots of Thai clinics in the heart of Old Town Phuket (in around Dibuk road) if you google around you will find some of their websites.  Prices at those street clinics are more reasonable and you can ask for a quite before starting any procedure.

And Kamala is actually one of the most isolated areas in all of Phuket to get into town you have to go all the way down through Patong and then up over the mountain, or, head north to Surin then inland to the Heriones monument then down Thepkrassatri road to town.  Its a long trip in either direction.

There is dermatologist who works out of the government hospital at Patong.  That would be her closest option.  However, I have no personal experience in that facility so cannot comment on the quality of care or pricing.

back in 2016 I visited a skin doctor at Phuket International Hospital, he was referred by Bangkok Hospital Phuket, it appears they belong to the same group, the consultation fee was quoted at 1,000 Baht but the doctor discounted to 800 baht, my wife and myself had insect bites all over (sand flies bites) he gave us medication and 2 days later things were better, just in case below is the contact, the name was Dr. Sith

BANGKOK HOSPITAL PHUKET (HEAD OFFICE)
2/1 Hongyok Utis Road, Muang District, Phuket, 83000, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 7625 4425 Extension 2234| Fax: +66 (0) 7625 4062

Hospital Number

New Patient

Appointment

Date&Time : 8 September 2016 at 10.30am

Center : Dermatology Center / Phuket International Hospital / Dr.Sith

Consultation fee is 1,000 THB++

19 hours ago, Mavideol said:

back in 2016 I visited a skin doctor at Phuket International Hospital, he was referred by Bangkok Hospital Phuket, it appears they belong to the same group, the consultation fee was quoted at 1,000 Baht but the doctor discounted to 800 baht, my wife and myself had insect bites all over (sand flies bites) he gave us medication and 2 days later things were better, just in case below is the contact, the name was Dr. Sith

BANGKOK HOSPITAL PHUKET (HEAD OFFICE)
2/1 Hongyok Utis Road, Muang District, Phuket, 83000, Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 7625 4425 Extension 2234| Fax: +66 (0) 7625 4062

Hospital Number

New Patient

Appointment

Date&Time : 8 September 2016 at 10.30am

Center : Dermatology Center / Phuket International Hospital / Dr.Sith

Consultation fee is 1,000 THB++

For sand flea bites, I suspect any GP could have provided you with the medication for far less?

I also went to the Dermatology Dept. at Phuket Int. in '16 when ALL my nails started disintegrating.....  The consultant fee was 500 bht, the ever changing medications - far more....

A few months later (after visiting every couple of weeks to yet again be given different advice and medications), I gave up as it was costing me a small fortune, nothing they prescribed worked and they clearly didn't know the underlying cause of the problem - so it seemed more than a bit pointless.

It's taken 3 years (☹️) but my nails have finally recovered on their own.

Edited by dick dasterdly

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I also went to the Dermatology Dept. at Phuket Int. in '16 when ALL my nails started disintegrating.....  The consultant fee was 500 bht, the ever changing medications - far more....

Last year Phuket Int cost me 1,200 baht doctor fee.  But now it's part of the Bangkok Hospital group.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, LivinginKata said:

Last year Phuket Int cost me 1,200 baht doctor fee.  But now it's part of the Bangkok Hospital group.

I'm thinking that in future, the Mission hospital might be the place to go?

As far as I can make out the genuine 'experts' work at Vachira, but spend part of their time (for obvious reasons) at the private hospitals - so apart from cost and comfort, it doesn't really matter which private hospital one uses?

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I'm thinking that in future, the Mission hospital might be the place to go?

As far as I can make out the genuine 'experts' work at Vachira, but spend part of their time (for obvious reasons) at the private hospitals - so apart from cost and comfort, it doesn't really matter which private hospital one uses?

so it appears you have all answers, if that's the case,  was wondering why the post????

On 3/11/2019 at 3:09 AM, Khaeng Mak said:

If it is only vanity or beauty related there are lots of Thai clinics in the heart of Old Town Phuket (in around Dibuk road) if you google around you will find some of their websites.  Prices at those street clinics are more reasonable and you can ask for a quite before starting any procedure.

It's definitely a medically related issue, nothing to do with vanity or beauty.

I found a very highly rated clinic in Talat Yai that my daughter is going to visit.

I'll follow up with the results, positive or negative,
Thanks to all for your input thus far.

• Like 1