Just Returned from UK, - Three Observations for Travellers

Pilotman

12 minutes ago, Chivas said:

So taking an average in that business tends to be around 4 times more than economy (so in the case of Brits say £500 as opposed to £2000) you'd spend an additional £1500 because its a "quicker" getaway at the landing end ??...

I wouldnt spend £50 for that which is probably why I've clocked up 169 landings at BKK from the UK because I wont throw cash away needlessly. As regards bags mine are tagged priority anyway from Frequent flyer status so come off always in first batch anyway. £1500 lol that would keep me happy for a month in the sun

Obviously it's not just that.

There is the small matter of a 14 hour flight either crammed into a very small seat or laid out flat and able to sleep for much of the time. You also get better meals (served when you want them), constant drinks, priority boarding as well as the pre-flight and post-flight immigration benefits. 

The actual flight is why you pay extra with the other stuff just a nice bonus.   

On 5/2/2019 at 2:51 PM, Pilotman said:

last time I looked,  2 weeks ago, Economy Return on Eva £700, Business Class £2,200.  Not  really twice.  

I booked EVA return to Lon for Sept- 23, 253 baht, worked out at 550 quid

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

So taking an average in that business tends to be around 4 times more than economy (so in the case of Brits say £500 as opposed to £2000) you'd spend an additional £1500 because its a "quicker" getaway at the landing end ??...

I wouldnt spend £50 for that which is probably why I've clocked up 169 landings at BKK from the UK because I wont throw cash away needlessly. As regards bags mine are tagged priority anyway from Frequent flyer status so come off always in first batch anyway. £1500 lol that would keep me happy for a month in the sun

For clarity our latest return flight to LOS was less than £2.5k for two as I posted on Wednesday in the attached thread.  I've also booked up at sub £2.5k for our next visit.

This is a fantastic deal and I'm getting too old to sit bolt upright in economy for such a killer journey.  I can easily sleep eight hours on a lie-flat bed which is impossible for me in economy or premium economy.  You have your budget and I have mine.  

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

23 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

You have your budget and I have mine.  

lol I dont have a budget at all I could "waste" another £1500 from the UK (on average) but consider some minor discomfort for 12 hours in the air (and it is minor) not remotely worth £1500 to rectify

You mentioned age well I'm 60 next year so not young by any means and still 6 foot 2 despite shrinking an inch a or two lol

If I was multi millionaire I would still only upgrade and travel in Premium Economy on Eva because I was brought up knowing the value of a shilling and there aint another single poster on Thaivisa thats landed 169 times from London to Bangkok period

You could call it budgeting I suppose but I call it "sensible" use of money. Dont get me wrong have been upgraded to Biz from frequent flyer status but apart from bigger seats I would consider it wasteful if I was actually paying for it

Edited by Chivas

17 minutes ago, Chivas said:

If I was multi millionaire I would still only upgrade and travel in Premium Economy on Eva because I was brought up knowing the value of a shilling and there aint another single poster on Thaivisa thats landed 169 times from London to Bangkok period

You managed to write a book in one sentence.  Well done.