Want To Invest In Thailand/phuket

I love Thailand and want to tie my future with this country. I have a familly, a nice pension and willing to put between 100k to 200k dollars in a business, preferably in Phuket. After reading all the entries in the forum, and after checking with the Thai embassy in my country (Israel) , I am aware of the complexity and the difficulties. Nevertheless I am willing to move in. Maybe the proper thing will be to go into partnership with an existing running operation. I don't intend to move to Thailand permanently, but want and can spend part of the year in the country.

any suggestions ?

Thank's

Haim

I love Thailand and want to tie my future with this country. I have a familly, a nice pension and willing to put between 100k to 200k dollars in a business, preferably in Phuket. After reading all the entries in the forum, and after checking with the Thai embassy in my country (Israel) , I am aware of the complexity and the difficulties. Nevertheless I am willing to move in. Maybe the proper thing will be to go into partnership with an existing running operation. I don't intend to move to Thailand permanently, but want and can spend part of the year in the country.

any suggestions ?

Thank's

Haim

I have a bar to sell :o

Haim,

If you are looking for a joint venture partner, go to www,sunbeltasia.com and put in " joint venture" You'll find 31 listings from a Pizza Cooker Distribution Company to a premier Preparatory School to a Car rental firm to a fishing lure company, etc. or for example

Import and Distribution Company is based in Phuket, and has exclusive rights to deliver a range of building products throughout Thailand. One of the partners in the venture, which was launched six months ago, has chosen to retire, and the existing partner is seeking a new investor who would assume 50% of the company, with an initial investment and finance terms negotiable. Based in a four storey building with a 10 year lease, the rent is 12,000 baht per month. The products are manufactured in Australia, where they have a good reputation, after more than 50 years of business. Thailand has been seen as a good market opportunity, due to the many new building developments that are starting throughout the country. There is a high profit margin of 25% on these products, and by the end of the year it is envisaged that they will be on display in about 10 building material shops on the island. The company is concentrating on 10 items to import, including cement treatment, roof sealers, stone sealers, a moss and mould eliminator and a sealing and bonding agent. Aiming for 10 million baht in turnover within the first 12 months, the aim is to then open a Bangkok office, followed by a branch in Chiang Mai and others throughout the Kingdom. Cash flow is predicted to be three million baht in the first year. This is an exciting opportunity to become a partner in a venture that has excellent prospects.

If you are looking to own a business out right than we have 700 active listings you can review.... 130 firms that are in the south of Thailand.( 78 in Phuket) from a construction company, resorts, digital video production, wholesale business and a number of restaurants.

We are part of the World’s largest business brokerage. In Thailand, you need honest straight forward answers that you can trust. That’s our strength knowing business and telling you like it is. We don’t do due diligence for you but we’ll help give you advice on what we would look for if we were doing the search. Its up to you to do that and more.

All business has risk in the World and some sectors more than others. But as the partner of many types of businesses here in Thailand. I can assure you provide a good service, give the client what they want, have passion and the odds are high you’ll do well.

The best advice I can give you “Thai staff will emulate you. Whatever you do, pay taxes on your profits, pay for everything you use in your business or otherwise they will also cheat you, cause they do know”

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Greg Lange

Managing Director

Sunbelt Asia Co., Ltd

www.sunbeltasia.com

Haim

I am also looking for a business to invest in, but as I do not yet live in Thailand or know the ”Thai” way of doing business, I would prefer to participate as one of X partners and possibly include a Thai partner.

Maybe we could buy a business together, I can see that Sunbelt has quite a selection. My budget for investing is the same as yours, but I think we should start smaller and learn from our mistakes before we ”spend” it all.

Jesper

Hi Guys,

In case you guys really are investors, my company might interest you.

I'm Canadian, and own a business here in Bangkok. My company is BOI (Board of Investement) sponsored which means I own it 100% and I can hire foreigners without quotas of Thais, visa restrictions and a year end tax free status.

Basically, my company has developed exclusive software as part of mobile phone entertainment services that are currently selling well in Europe and Asia. There is a need for expansion within my company and my international distributor is receiving contracts and increased demand from very large internet companies (Yahoo, AOL, MSN) who're now moving strongly into mobile media services.

Anyway, I'll stop there. Of course there would be many more details to discuss for anyone interested in investing. There are many options, including a visa/work permit if you're staying in Thailand.

Regards,

[email protected]

+661-824-7900

Guys, (only if you feel it may be usefull of course) you may list your Biz inquiries on http://www.bahtsold.com (it's free)

A bar in Hua hin listed online and received 5 inquiries immediately. A serviced apt in BKK listed online and rcvd over 12 inquiries in a week. This was before the printed June edition even hit the streets. Print and distro goes from Phuket thru to Chiang Rai and just about everywhere in between. But if you don't state a selling price/lease details etc, probably don't expect alot of replies is the norm.

Last, some 'snakes and ladders' can ensue when buying a business in TIT, so if in doubt, talk to as many Farang biz owners in your desired area firsthand. Where the rubber meets the road, the local 'been there done that' guys will give you a good overview from hard earned real experience, if you talk to enough of them first. Or, go the business transfer agent route, if still in doubt you can handle it alone.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Online Hotel Booking & Tourism Business

Responding to your post on Thaivisa.com, I would like to draw your attention to our business for sale.

Our company, First-One Media Ltd. has ownership of premier domain names for Krabi & Trang - aonang.com,aonanghotels.com, kohphi-phi.com, kohlanta.info, kohjum.com, klongmuang.com, krabitown.com, amazingtrang.com, kohmuk.com, kohlibong.com, kohkradan.com, koh-ngai.com

Ao Nang is Thailand's fastest growing beach resort. Persons or company with experience in online tourism could make excellent business. Currently, these websites earn approx. 30,000-40,000BAHT a month on just a 5% referral commission.

If independently developed as booking engines for hotels and resorts in partnership with technically minded people then potential earnings will sky-rocket, given that the percentage of profit would more than treble if run independently.

Other avenues for profit could include advertising, web design etc...

Naturlly any transfers of ownership would be conducted via ESCROW to ensure security with First-One Media Ltd. covering all fees.