How can my Thai 'GF' holiday in the UK?

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, Blue Mango said:

No, stupidly I haven't. I suppose I just figured Thailand being Thailand there would be all sorts of rules/costs etc. that would be applied that end. I'll check UK Gov, cheers

If she's applying for a tourist visa to the UK "Thailand being Thailand's" rules/costs don't enter into it, the UK's do.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I was under the impression that you had to have flight and hotel bookings were a part of the required documentation.

That requirement is for Schengen visas.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Are you suggesting that the emergency treatment would be free?

The last time I checked free emergency treatment only applied when there was a reciprocal arrangement with your country such as applies with Australia.

There is no such arrangement with Thailand and Thai visitors are expected to pay.

Whether the costs are recovered is of course another matter.

October 2018. My wife and I were visiting my parents in UK for a couple of weeks. My wife picked up an ear infection, doctors believed she most likely had it before she arrived in UK as it was a fungal infection common to the tropics.

Two hospital visits, consultations with 2 doctors, pain killers on site. All free.

2 prescriptions had to be paid for but that would have been the case if she had been a UK citizen.

off on a tangent, sorry, my friend and his thai lady are not coming back they are going to TANZANIA (africa) they can get back into the UK no problem, it seem they treat Thais much better the Thai gov treat one of their own, with all this shit paperwork. jumping through hoops etc, and they will stay there for months,  a dam sight cheaper than Thailand.

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

off on a tangent, sorry, my friend and his thai lady are not coming back they are going to TANZANIA (africa) they can get back into the UK no problem, it seem they treat Thais much better the Thai gov treat one of their own, with all this shit paperwork. jumping through hoops etc, and they will stay there for months,  a dam sight cheaper than Thailand.

Sorry but I'm not sure that I follow, is this the Thai massage girl that your friend met in Korea, you met in Pattaya and now she's been in the UK for six months?
So she's had a six month "holiday" in the UK and is going to Tanzania because "she can back into the UK no problem"?
How did the Thai authorities become part of the equation?

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, an invitation letter from you providing evidence of your ability to cover her for food, accommodation, sightseeing and travel costs won’t go astray. Include recent bank statements, pay slips, maybe a pic of your house, her sightseeing itinerary in the UK etc.

You don't need payslips for a visit visa. You only need to show you have sufficient funds to pay for the trip. An up to date bank statement showing a balance that will cover the cost of the trip. You also need to prove your relationship, have sufficient room to accommodate to your GF and show reason(s) for her to return to Thailand. 

17 hours ago, nafisjedriel said:

yeah, an invitation letter from you providing evidence of your ability to cover her for food, accommodation, sightseeing and travel costs  Nox Vidmate VLC won’t go astray. Include recent bank statements, pay slips, maybe a pic of your house, her sightseeing itinerary in the UK etc.

oki

Edited by nafisjedriel