Vagrant Farang On Multi Year Overstay Arrested By Lumpini

there is a guy I know on several year overstay. he was picked up by Lumpini for "unlawful entry to the kingdom" (failed to produce a passport) and jailed for 2 weeks. he was picked up after "living" in an outdoor cafe, on the seats there for almost a year. after 2 weeks in Lumpini jail (which he said wasnt bad and at least he got meals and could sleep lying down), he goes to court and produces a police report for a stolen passport and is released. He has been on the streets for 3 months since. This is an example of what people get away with here

basically the guy vanished in mid Jan. After some inquiries, I learned from some people that the Lumpini police had picked him up. the people saw them take him away in a police pickup. I figured he was gone, deported, immi jail whatever. then on Christmas day, I spot him at 6 am walking past the winking frog . I was in shock. He then told the crazy story. he hung out in the streets for a month or more and a thai girl took him in. he now lives with her by the old airport and stops down now and again. Last saw him about a week ago. so this is your police passport check system in bkk. nice or what?

What about the overstay aspect of this saga?

If I understand correctly, he was put in detention because he could not produce his passport, then he was released when he provided the court with proof that his passport was stolen. That seems plausible, *except* that he has been illegally in the country for a "Multi Year" period of time???

What about the overstay aspect of this saga?

If I understand correctly, he was put in detention because he could not produce his passport, then he was released when he provided the court with proof that his passport was stolen. That seems plausible, *except* that he has been illegally in the country for a "Multi Year" period of time???

a friend of mine last year had a nasty accident was in hospital 7 weeks 1700000b bill after brain surgery icu 5 weeks incurred over stay during this time and had to pay 20000b overstay the drunken thai who hit him with his bike (also lost an eye) admitted his fault got off scott free when told customs about accident (not to much explaining just a look at my friend told the story)said not our problem no pay no fly now is that fair ? so if he didnt pay he too could still be here sitting in his chair vegetating next to the cauliflowers :o

Yes.

That is where the story fall down for me too.......

Immigration do have a computer to check these matters and are not a charity.

Yes.

That is where the story fall down for me too.......

Immigration do have a computer to check these matters and are not a charity.

the thing to realize about this story is that immi was never involved, only Lumpini police. how's that for checks and balances

I dont care who believes the story but it is 100% true. the guy's passport was stolen while he was sleeping in his chair at the cafe. sunbelt knows the guy and I'm sure he's not surprised. He walks the streets now with no passport as he has no cash to get another from the Brit embassy. Truth is stranger than fiction. This story is too outrageous to make up