Email / Smtp / Tot

redbyteonline

Hi all,

I have a client here in Thailand who has started experiencing serious email problems with the acct I host for them in the UK.

Firstly they used the mail.*****.com SMTP for their domain which worked fine for about a year then about two months ago they started to get mail rejected and go missing.

Secondly we moved it to TOT's SMTP address, that worked fine for a while now they are starting to get mail rejected from AOL with error 554 which when researched says that if a person in the pool of IP's that they are using has been suspected of spamming then all will be affected.

Has anyone come accross this problem? I am sure they have, I have read other SMTP tales of woe on this forum. I am looking initially for some advice as to the best workaround solution. One I have in mind is an SMTP relay service so if that is the right course of action a steer to a good reputable company would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Hi all,

I have a client here in Thailand who has started experiencing serious email problems with the acct I host for them in the UK.

Firstly they used the mail.*****.com SMTP for their domain which worked fine for about a year then about two months ago they started to get mail rejected and go missing.

Secondly we moved it to TOT's SMTP address, that worked fine for a while now they are starting to get mail rejected from AOL with error 554 which when researched says that if a person in the pool of IP's that they are using has been suspected of spamming then all will be affected.

Has anyone come accross this problem? I am sure they have, I have read other SMTP tales of woe on this forum. I am looking initially for some advice as to the best workaround solution. One I have in mind is an SMTP relay service so if that is the right course of action a steer to a good reputable company would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

My advice is to get a small smtp server for the computer or network. Advanced Mail Direct is a good one for the PC, postfix is good for the Mac. In these days of spamming anf hijacking smtp servers this is the way forward but do not leave port 25 open while online. use server login and password every time.

If they have thier own domain and server they shoudl be able to use that..

On my laptop, because it is often using many different networks and as and ISPs SMTP doesnt work very often from other ISP's I route all my outbound via gmails SMTP.. I do have a gmail email account as a file dump and archiver but dont use it much..

So gmail gives a free and reliable email if you signup...