Financial Requirements for Extension of O-A Visa

In August of this year I closed my Kasikorn bank account and opened an account with the Bangkok Bank, at the same time I stopped using Bahtsmart for my monthly pension transfers and now use Transferwise. I did this for a couple of reasons, the main one being that Kasikorn/Bahtsmart did not show the transactions as international transfers in my account statements, where Bangkok Bank/Transferwise does.

Between August and March next year, when I am due to seek a Visa extension, I would have transfers totalling in excess of 400,000 Baht, will this satisfy the financial aspect of seeking an extension of my O-A Visa, based on marriage?

You will need 12 transfers of at least 40k baht when you apply for the extension in March.

The leinancy for not having a full year of transfer will end January. But some offices might be a little flexible about the number of transfers early next year.

How many transfer did you have before you changed banks?

I had over 12 months of transfers with Kasikorn, but as I said, because I was using Bahtsmart, these showed up as domestic transfers in my Kasikorn statement.

I am returning to Australia in December for a few weeks and am now thinking of just applying for a new O-A Visa, with multiple entries, to save dealing with Immigration here. If I do this, it would be nice to know what I will need to produce to prove I have insurance?

2 minutes ago, AJS150654 said:

I had over 12 months of transfers with Kasikorn, but as I said, because I was using Bahtsmart, these showed up as domestic transfers in my Kasikorn statement.

You can get a credit advice receipt to show that all those Kasikorn 'domestic transfers' originated of overseas. Not sure who you would go to but Kasikorn's international department would definitely be able to tell you.

Kasikorn are aware of the problems and when one of my Bangkok bank transfers went via Kasikorn in July (due to a software update) Kasikorn international department supplied me with a credit advice receipt to cover that payment.

You will need to go to the 'bahtsmart' intermediary bank for the credit advice receipt but Kasikorn will be able to tell you who to speak to.

Sumrit,

Do you have a contact number for the Kasikorn international department.  I need to contact them to get a credit advice for the same reason you did.  I have a reference number that Bangkok Bank was able to provide for me.  You can PM me if you can't or don't want to post it in the forum (not sure of the rules around doing so).

Thank you,

Scott

Marriage visa in January renewal. I always used an embassy letter before, now not possible with USA.

So the way I understand it... I need 12 transfers from outside thailand  that are over 40000 baht to satisfy the income requirement ?  is that correct

This way I do not have to deposit 400000 in my account for 2 months prior to renewal date....?    Correct?

I am getting conflicting stories. Wife went to Chiang mai immigration today and they told her can only use lump sum method.  

thanks ubonjoe 

15 minutes ago, whopper said:

So the way I understand it... I need 12 transfers from outside thailand  that are over 40000 baht to satisfy the income requirement ?  is that correct

Yes

But you must have proof that transfer came from abroad such as bank statements showing the were international transfers, credit advises and etc. 

15 minutes ago, whopper said:

This way I do not have to deposit 400000 in my account for 2 months prior to renewal date....?    Correct?

Yes