Styllus Replacement

Simbo

When coming to settle in thailand a few years ago, I brought my Hi Fi and record collection with me.

I dont play them very often, but now and then, a song/tune comes into my head and I dig the disc out to play.

Recently, the quality has deteriorated. I need a new styllus.

Does anyone know where I could get a relapacement, here in Pattaya ?

I know its a tall order, as I have never even seen a turntable here.

Any advice appreciated.

Simbo

When coming to settle in thailand a few years ago, I brought my Hi Fi and record collection with me.

Simbo

I think you'd be better off shopping for a new cartridge as it's likely the suspension, the rubber "donut" that the cantilever fits in, has deteriorated - hardened - due aging and especially the heat here and is no longer doing its job.

I've never seen any even semi-audiophile analogue products here in Pattaya. Most of the stuff in Bangkok is pricy. Maybe try the Fortune IT Mall in Bangkok. But what I do is get a friend to bring over small items from the US purchased at places like:

http://www.needledoctor.com/

-redwood

Hello Simbo,

My best advice would be to cellotape a 2p piece(10baht to you!) on to the arm top.

Most old people i know in times gone by used this ingeneous method.

Hopefully then "Moon River" will sound better than ever.

M

Hello Simbo,

My best advice would be to cellotape a 2p piece(10baht to you!) on to the arm top.

Most old people i know in times gone by used this ingeneous method.

Hopefully then "Moon River" will sound better than ever.

M

Moon river ? I hate that new fangled stuff ! Give me Vera Lyn every time. Ah ! Blues birds over The white cliffs ! Great stuff, makes me go all nostalgic. :o

Simbo

I think you'd be better off shopping for a new cartridge as it's likely the suspension, the rubber "donut" that the cantilever fits in, has deteriorated - hardened - due aging and especially the heat here and is no longer doing its job.

I've never seen any even semi-audiophile analogue products here in Pattaya. Most of the stuff in Bangkok is pricy. Maybe try the Fortune IT Mall in Bangkok. But what I do is get a friend to bring over small items from the US purchased at places like:

http://www.needledoctor.com/

-redwood

Thanks for that, Redwood. A useful link.