Privacy On The Net Busted

AlexLah

Hi All,

Just saw an add that told me that singles where looking for me in the city I stay in Now.

I have a few questions:

How do they know I am staying in HCM?

How do they know I am single?

To start building up a conspiracy theory let us start with: What interest TV has in selling this info to third party's?

Hey it is in pub life na so please Mods do not take it seriously by banning this post.

Kind regards,

Alex

What scares me is that the singles who want to meet me are all women!!! :D Do they know something I don't?

it may be that you are subscribed to an all womens site / forum thats has cookies that not only track your usage and where abouts :D

but also gives your info to sister sites(no pun intended)

this site does have a dating site linked to it and they do have a girl to girl search facility

but def am NOT saying it is this sites faults

no self respecting dating site will cut of any possible income from ad or pay to connect to ideas

especially if between same sex people as they will pay more then the so called str8 people

my ex-wife had a lot of these sites sending her emails and conect links all the time 100's per day some times

didnt bother her she took it as a compliment that other women fancied her :D

as she said"women are the more fussier of the sexes when it comes to picking a mate re style attractiveness appearance etc etc"

and yes she did! :D

loved it and would do it again with the right female partner!

and no it's not why we split

the one thing she missed when with women was man company and talk

she's not into girly things doesnt like shopping,loves footy,fast cars,grand prix (the racing!) and adrenalin adventures

we split due to her reluctance to face up to problems and burying her head in the sand hoping everything will go away :o

but such is life too short to stay with someone that absolutely infuriates you more than pleases you

download spybot and ad-aware two very good free cookie removal software packages also set the browser to enable cookies only for this session and delete once site page is closed

hope this helps

it has nought to do with either thaivisa selling info to third parties, or anybody knowing what you do or if you are single or whatever.

Asia Friend Finder ("THE MOST ANNOYING AD EVER" Imho) is all over the web, one of the biggest user forums out there. THey know approximately where you are to due automated IP checking. In other words, every time your computer logs onto the internet, your PC is assigned a private Internet Protocol number.

THat they must have top banners on every page of this site, just about, is a shame and a pain, but thaivisa's too good to give up.

They actually screwed up with me/ WHen I was in Delhi, they got it right, when in Guatemala, they got it right, but now I'm in the East of the UK, they are telling me singles near Manchester are looking for me...

Screw 'em. They have no clue where I am.