[Photos] Deserted Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

You work for TAT right.....or did you mean 10,000

I work for who? anyway, if you know how to check statistic, there are currently around 400 flights ± 20~40 arriving BKK per day. This is only swampy, still haven't added figures from DMK.  If you can do some basic math, multiply 400 with average of how many people you think there are on each flight. Now explain how can there be only 10,000 people arriving each day. Also there was a news on TV mentioned something about close to 100,000 people are arriving thailand each day. So the number checks out.

45 minutes ago, sitti said:

I work for who? anyway, if you know how to check statistic, there are currently around 400 flights ± 20~40 arriving BKK per day. This is only swampy, still haven't added figures from DMK.  If you can do some basic math, multiply 400 with average of how many people you think there are on each flight. Now explain how can there be only 10,000 people arriving each day. Also there was a news on TV mentioned something about close to 100,000 people are arriving thailand each day. So the number checks out.

Airplanes are empty ... I was supposed to fly on friday , from Belgium to Abu Dhabi on to BKK . The airplanes are still flying but empty , they are bringing people home , thats all . So Thais coming from these side of the world going back , or even the westerner who lives Thailand goes back . There wont be any tourist coming in . Europe is on lockdown , and the lock is being turned on more and more as im writing this . US can still come , but they are starting to go to lockdown also , i think those tourists are also gone in next 3-5 days also . Russia remains , not 100% sure , but i think they were closing borders also . India announced today to close borders . Probably African tourists can still come there ... but we are talking 100k people ... not a chance .

7 hours ago, sezze said:

Airplanes are empty ... I was supposed to fly on friday , from Belgium to Abu Dhabi on to BKK . The airplanes are still flying but empty , they are bringing people home , thats all . So Thais coming from these side of the world going back , or even the westerner who lives Thailand goes back . There wont be any tourist coming in . Europe is on lockdown , and the lock is being turned on more and more as im writing this . US can still come , but they are starting to go to lockdown also , i think those tourists are also gone in next 3-5 days also . Russia remains , not 100% sure , but i think they were closing borders also . India announced today to close borders . Probably African tourists can still come there ... but we are talking 100k people ... not a chance .

????Some people in this forum sure love generalization. Of course flights from middle east are empty. That doesn't mean every other flight all around the world are the same. I just flew from Haneda to BKK and it wasn't exactly empty. Usually that flight would be 95% ~ 100% full but this time was around 60% full. Airlines do not continue to fly empty for long. Most major airlines in Asia already cut or/and reduced flights on affected routes weeks ago to create more demands on fewer flights.

you can see a list of incoming flights today here, unless you believe all these flights are empty as well:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/bkk/arrivals

And when I mentioned close to 100K people are arriving each day, you didn't take it as these 100K people are all tourists, did you?  number of tourists ≠ passengers arriving at the airports

Edited by sitti

On 3/16/2020 at 7:35 AM, timendres said:

Feel free to line up and get your dose of this "mild flu". We will all appreciate your immunity slowing down it's progress. In the meantime, there are many who will be seriously affected by this "mild flu". Professional estimates are 40% to 70% of the population will acquire this bug. Even with a 1% death rate, which at this point is on the low end of what we are seeing, that would be 240,000 dead Thai citizens, 1.2 million dead US citizens, and like numbers around the world. No question this is going to hurt economies - one way or another.

Meanwhile funeral directors and coffin makers, will be buying Benzs before the end of it

51 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

I am suppose to fly next week. I haven't booked my ticket yet. There are two options, one with philipino air and one with turksih air.  I am waiting till the weekend.

I feel like i shouldn't go . But my mind says otherwise.

51 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

I am suppose to fly next week. I haven't booked my ticket yet. There are two options, one with philipino air and one with turksih air.  I am waiting till the weekend.

I feel like i shouldn't go . But my mind says otherwise.

Will you be admitted to wherever you intend to fly?
will you have to go into self imposed quarantine on arrival?

Edited by RJRS1301

13 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Will you be admitted to wherever you intend to fly?
will you have to go into self imposed quarantine on arrival?

I'm Canadian so far not on the list.  I just found out my health insurance will not cover the virus infection. I am starting to think not to go.

The weird thing is the cases are higher in the GTA now and the medical will soon be overwhelmed. My gut tells me i will be better off in Thailand.  The difference is that i can easily isolate myself here, while in Thailand i will have to get food at restaurants, markets etc. risk to be infected. Really we will all probably be infected after a while.

I guess i better stay here for another month....

Edited by Don Chance