Display Is 50% Blacked Out On My Toshiba Laptop

ericg1953

I have a 2 year old Toshiba 17" satellite laptop.I started to get some green and purple thin lines on the display about 3 weeks ago and now only 50% of the screen is visible.I live here in Pattaya and would like some help on what might be wrong and where is a good reliable place to repair my laptop. Thank You

if you gently tap the screen frame does it change, give it a good tap with a solid object, if so i may be able to help, worst case will be a screen replacement, you can order on ebay and get a friend to send to you here in pattaya, fitting is easy, be prepared to pay about 10kbaht or more for the screen, hopefully it is just a bad connection somewhere

I have the same problem. I own a 2.5 year old Toshiba p35 609. It began to show lines on the screen 6 months ago, first two and now around 30. I have done some research, and I am afraid its a problem with the lcd. The only fix is to replace the screen. I have not been able to find a cheap screen in Thailand, so I will probably order on E-Bay. The best price I have seen there is USD 210, so by no means a bargain.

Looking at the internet you can see that its a problem shared by many Toshiba owners. The only reason I can think of is that Toshiba has been using an inferior/faulty product in some of their models. An lcd should for sure last more than 2 years. I wish somebody would sue the bastards, but I guess nobody has the energy to through that kind of hassle for a relatively small amount.