Cat-friendly Budget Hotels

lotus eater

I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions that might help me in my drive from Pak Chong to home in Chiang Mai with my cat.

I have to make a stop near Udon; apart from that I will aim to get back as quickly as safely possible to chiang Mai.

- would anyone suggest a place or two to stay overnight that 1) won't mind our cat with its litter tray in the room, 2) is interesting and or charming if poss., 3) is as much as possible under 800 baht a night, 5) has its own or secure nearby parking

- location would be flexible as we will be driving

- any thoughts on route that takes in udon would also be of interest (it's my first time into Isaan).

I'm leaving in just 2-3 days so any early repies will be particularly helpful - but all will be read with interest as they may come in handy in future.

Tahnks a lot

Hi,

I had the same problem, but with our dog. Because I could not find any hotel that accepts animals, I gave the dog to a petshop owner I know. She took care of the dog during the night without problem, while we slept in the nearby hotel. However, when I went to Udorn next time, she and her shop were gone and nobody knows her new place. So I guess you will have to rely on the friendly help of some Udorn residents here in forum.

Best of luck

Obviously I don't know of any, but just wanted to post that it ;makes a lovely change to read of cat friendly rather than girl friendly. It took me a long time to work out that euphamism :o

Yeah ... right .... about the time it takes most people to blink :D

Do not do a search on hotels, look for guest houses instead or small resorts, there are many on that route.... ask along the way, you will seldom be more than 30 minutes from one.

Do not do a search on hotels, look for guest houses instead or small resorts, there are many on that route.... ask along the way, you will seldom be more than 30 minutes from one.
Take the mountain route Udon-Loei-Uttaradit-Lampang-Chiang Mai, quite interesting and pretty.

Thanks for those tips. Am setting out now and hoping for some luck with the cat and guest houses (resorts sound expensive but will see).

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I should say a word about the conclusion of my trip.

Spent the night atthe Mut Mee guesthouse in Nongkhai - absolutely no problem to keep the cat. Liked the place so stayed on another day there.

Took the mountain roads to Uttaradit. Quite spectacular. But underestimated their challenge to speedy progress and spent the last few hours driving in darkness. Best to set out at crack of dawn to give oneself time for a leisurely lunch en route (we set out 11ish and lunched beside the mekong).