Quick, *free* Airasia Visa Run

Thaivisa hook up....

FYI, just got SMS from Air Asia. Book now to the 20th of April, 50,000 free seats. For travel October to March so plan your visa run down to the day.

BKK Sinapore was 5,000 baht roundtrip, so I think you just pay the various taxes.

www.airasia.com

Caveat Emptor!

The last time Air Asia had a promotion on, their website did not work satisfactorily, and a booking we made that showed up as an error in the browser, actually went through. I even called to check with their staff 5 minutes later, in order to check that nothing had been charged from the credit card.

The member of staff claimed the booking had not gone through. Still, in the afternoon when checking the bank account, it turns out the booking HAD been made and charged from the credit card, contrary to what their staff member said.

That evening as well as the next day, I and my wife spent 5 (yes FIVE) hours on the phone with Air Asia, trying to get the booking cancelled, but even calm persistence did not get more than credits for booking flights within 90 days, and this after several hours and having escalated the issue to management; they refused to cancel the purchase due to their 'no refund' policy, despite the fact that the fault was theirs in that the website did not work as it should, and their staff member had given us incorrect information.

Be VERY careful.

Caveat Emptor!

The last time Air Asia had a promotion on, their website did not work satisfactorily, and a booking we made that showed up as an error in the browser, actually went through. I even called to check with their staff 5 minutes later, in order to check that nothing had been charged from the credit card.

The member of staff claimed the booking had not gone through. Still, in the afternoon when checking the bank account, it turns out the booking HAD been made and charged from the credit card, contrary to what their staff member said.

That evening as well as the next day, I and my wife spent 5 (yes FIVE) hours on the phone with Air Asia, trying to get the booking cancelled, but even calm persistence did not get more than credits for booking flights within 90 days, and this after several hours and having escalated the issue to management; they refused to cancel the purchase due to their 'no refund' policy, despite the fact that the fault was theirs in that the website did not work as it should, and their staff member had given us incorrect information.

Be VERY careful.

Meadish,

Why did you not take it up with the card issuer?

MM

Caveat Emptor!

Be VERY careful.

Why did you make the booking if you didn't want to take the trip? Or am i reading it wrong.

You tried to book a flight, you saw an error but the booking did go through, but you didn't actually want to make the booking?

Why did you enter your CC# for a flight you never planned on taking? :o

Not excusing the website error, but story seems odd?

Thaivisa hook up....

FYI, just got SMS from Air Asia. Book now to the 20th of April, 50,000 free seats. For travel October to March so plan your visa run down to the day.

BKK Sinapore was 5,000 baht roundtrip, so I think you just pay the various taxes.

www.airasia.com

BKK-Singapore for THB 5,000.- , that is much more than a regular VisaRun or even a trip to Laos.

I'm always cautions when it comes to such claims, especially from AirAsia.

• 2 weeks later...
Why did you make the booking if you didn't want to take the trip? Or am i reading it wrong.

You tried to book a flight, you saw an error but the booking did go through, but you didn't actually want to make the booking?

We ain't getting no answer because, well, the story is just so focking stupid!

Lopburi

We ain't getting no answer because, well, the story is just so focking stupid!

Lopburi

Not necessarily. He might have made other plans (non´refundable bookings on another Airline for instance.) in the meantime (after getting the verbal confirmation that the Web booking failed.

Sunny