Nice Beach Recommendations

North Korea! :D

Samila Beach in Songkhla's ok for lack of farangs... the restaurants behind are good. For great beaches in a farang-infested locale (Phuket), Kata Noi is hard to beat :o

KOh Lanta away from the main town Salanda(sp). Stay at Lanta Merry Huts. Very nice and quiet.

First thing I would ask about any beach is - "Any jetskis there?".

That moronic invention and equaly moronic users destroy any surrounding they set their foot at.

Ao Manao near Prachuap Khiri Khan on the Isthmus of Kra (not far from Hua Hin). It's actually on a Royal Thai Air Force Base, so you have to ask for permission to go there from the Commander of the 53rd Squadron by calling (032) 611031 ext. 2146. They have huts for overnighting. Probably not many farang ever get there and not many jetskis either.

Ao Manao near Prachuap Khiri Khan on the Isthmus of Kra (not far from Hua Hin). It's actually on a Royal Thai Air Force Base, so you have to ask for permission to go there from the Commander of the 53rd Squadron by calling (032) 611031 ext. 2146. They have huts for overnighting. Probably not many farang ever get there and not many jetskis either.

A military base. What a great idea for a holiday place.

Last time I was there, you just had to sign the book; although that was 5 years ago. Beach pretty good, and quiet.

You could always try Ang Thong National Park, in between Surat and Samui, where 'The Beach' was filmed (the actual beach), although this is now probably overrun with farangs on day trips since that was filmed. Koh Muk - off the coast of Trang, in the south - has some cracking beaches and no jet-skis last time I was there. Have a look at the Emerald Cave if you go.

There are some wonderful quiet beaches along the coast between Prachaup Kiri Khan and Chumphon, I stayed at one 4 km or so north of Bang Saphan, sorry I cant remember the name, It had good acomodation and mainly Thai holiday makers staying there, therefore the prices were very reasonable.

MM

You could always try Ang Thong National Park, in between Surat and Samui, where 'The Beach' was filmed (the actual beach), although this is now probably overrun with farangs on day trips since that was filmed.

I always thought The Beach was filmed on Koh Pi Pi much to the expense of the local enviroment, whilst Alex Garland's book The Beach was inspired by Koh Pha Ngan and Ang Thong Marine Park.

MM

There are some wonderful quiet beaches along the coast between Prachaup Kiri Khan and Chumphon, I stayed at one 4 km or so north of Bang Saphan, sorry I cant remember the name, It had good acomodation and mainly Thai holiday makers staying there, therefore the prices were very reasonable.

MM

Ban Krut maybe?? I stayed there last Oct. break for a week, loved it! Beautiful big temple on a hill overlooking the sea.

You could always try Ang Thong National Park, in between Surat and Samui, where 'The Beach' was filmed (the actual beach), although this is now probably overrun with farangs on day trips since that was filmed.

I always thought The Beach was filmed on Koh Pi Pi much to the expense of the local enviroment, whilst Alex Garland's book The Beach was inspired by Koh Pha Ngan and Ang Thong Marine Park.

MM

You could be right there my friend :o

Silly comment. It's a beautiful, peaceful beach. What the OP wanted.

sounds really good.

i wonder if there is anything like that near Go Samet or along that stretch of the coast to Go Chang ?

MM

Correct, Koh Phi Phi and Phuket. I know because the company i work for did all the underwater safety / rigging works.