Khon Kaen

There are many car rental companies in KK (w/driver if required available from companies that are located near to the Sofitel, one on the Cnr several others between Leo's & Erics bars)- see Sid at Cheap Charlies he will steer you in the right direction.

If you could afford the air fare from BKK to KK then a taxi at, say 2.5K, would not kill you. Dual carriageway all the way, piece of cake in 4 hours. BTW wouldn't KK flights originate from Don Muang rather than Thaksin's Folly?

No other airlines? I have to wait 6 hours coming from Amsterdam with Klm at noontime for the last Thai airways plane to Khon Kaen. Take a bus better maybe?

Have a look at Air Asia or Nok Air to Udon. Can get the bus from Udon to KK.

Or the train from Bangkok to KK.

If you could afford the air fare from BKK to KK then a taxi at, say 2.5K, would not kill you. Dual carriageway all the way, piece of cake in 4 hours. BTW wouldn't KK flights originate from Don Muang rather than Thaksin's Folly?

This sounds really good dude! Are you shooting in the dark or do you know the taxifare to be 2500? I am bringing my son so with the 2 of us it is cheaper to take taxi and we see a lot of the country rather than sit in airport. And save some time too. Taxi for 2500 is the way to go. :-)

This sounds really good dude! Are you shooting in the dark or do you know the taxifare to be 2500? I am bringing my son so with the 2 of us it is cheaper to take taxi and we see a lot of the country rather than sit in airport. And save some time too. Taxi for 2500 is the way to go. :-)

I have a friend who lives in Udon Thani. After a visit to the old country a taxi from Udon comes to collect him from the airport. He says that he pays 3000 baht for the service.

hi there all could someone tell us if it is possible to get a driver and minibus to take us to kalasin from bangkok???

or tell us which airlines fly to khon kean from bkk

all the best

pete and som

How many passengers? Do you absolutely need a mini-bus?

The published flat-fare from Bangkok to Kalasin is 5,500 baht for a metered taxi. While this might be negotiable downwards a mini-bus would probably be in this range.

Considering a transfer from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang for one of the three TG flights to Khon Kaen (DMK-KKC) and then another ~ 2 hours by car to Kalasin, a direct transfer might be much less costly and result in shorter travel time.

BKK-KKC-BKK (return/roundtrip) on TG is ~ 5,660 THB, all in.

BKK-KKC on TG at 06:15, 11:20 and 19:15.

Assuming your traveling partner is from Kalasin perhaps they could make arrangements with someone, with a car or mini-bus, in Kalasin to make the journey to BKK and return to Kalasin?

I usually take the VIP bus from Mo Chit (Bangkok North/Northeastern Bus Terminal at Jatuchuk) to Kalasin. It departs at 22:00 and arrives Kalasin at 06:00 (stops, it continues on to Somdet), 585 baht per person.