Public Swimming Pools

possom

Central Bangna Shopping Centre has a 'splash world' on the top floor. Has aquazooms and rapids (not very rapid though :o ) and some splash size pools.

For a proper pool (with low diving board) - Bangna Mor Baan Nah-pah-ley (sorry no Thai keyboard on this PC - Hor Hip - Mor Mah (Mai Eek) - Sala Ooh - Bor Bai Mai - Sala Ah - Nor Noo (Mai Toe) - Nor Noo - Por Sam Pow - Sala Ah - Lor Ling (mai han-akat) - Yor Yak (Phew!!!) - note: You must wear knicker type trunks, not swimming shorts (they will lend you some, and if you are 12 and don't mind singing soprano for a few hours after, they may even fit you). Flood lit at night. Rich area of Bangna (BKK), so not too crowded. Changing rooms and a cafe are the only other amenaties.

Have fun.

I consider most hotel pools in Bangkok as public.

Never had a problem using them whilst not a resident.

I agree. I don't think it's a problem unless you happen to be one of those smelly icon8.gif backpackers from the koa-sarn road area.

My advice is to enter the hotel premises wearing a nice pair of slacks & clean shirt, oh & for goodness sake don't swim in those awful 'speedos' trunks ... have a little consideration for the hotel residents :o

• 4 years later...

Thank you all for contributions. After the next trip I will post reviews of all swimming pools I use.

Wolf 53070 wrote "Bangna Mor Baan Nah-pah-ley (sorry no Thai keyboard on this PC - Hor Hip - Mor Mah (Mai Eek) - Sala Ooh - Bor Bai Mai - Sala Ah - Nor Noo (Mai Toe) - Nor Noo - Por Sam Pow - Sala Ah - Lor Ling (mai han-akat) - Yor Yak (Phew!!!)"

I do not understand. Is this a list of individual swimming pools, each location separated by a dash?

Thank you all for contributions. After the next trip I will post reviews of all swimming pools I use.

You have outdone yourself. 5 years old thread.

Those who started it back in 2004. could be dead, are banned or have not logged in for years.

Edited by think_too_mut